Chapter 4

Cecilia didn't even notice she had fallen asleep until she felt a tug in her arm.

"No, I don't want to leave you," she cried in her sleep making Alberto frown a bit, he didn't know what was making her troubled, but he could guess it wasn't easy.

"Cecilia?" he whispered to her making her jolt up from her covers.

"Huh?" she asked meeting his green eyes.

"You fell asleep here," he said while noticing her tangled hair and sleepy eyes.

"I did?" she asked noticing the time on the clock, she had fallen asleep amidst her embarrassment.

"Yeah," he said helping her up.

"Papa is making tomato pasta for lunch," he said letting go of her hand.

"Oh, I'll be there in a bit," she responded.

"Okay," he said but Cecilia grabbed onto his arm.

"I'm also sorry about what happened earlier," she said with a blush forming in her cheeks.

"Don't worry about it," he said with a half-smile before going to the dining room.

Cecilia took out a brush before combing her hair and making sure it did not look like its past tangled mess.

Once her hair was smooth again, she went to meet her cousin, uncle and Alberto who were already seated with a plate for her.

"Grazie," she said before sitting next to Giulia who was eating already.

"So, Cecilia what do you think of Portorosso so far?" he asked her.

It surprised her that her uncle could speak more than she originally though but thanked his politeness.

"It's very lovely," she responded and now she meant it, after getting to know Alberto, Luca and Giulia, it wasn't that bad.

She was slowly making friends here, something she didn't have at home even if she missed her parents.

"I'm happy to hear that," the man said simply but Cecilia somehow could tell he was being genuine.

"Alberto, we need to go fishing after eating," he said making Alberto pause from eating.

"On a weekend?" he whined.

"Yes, we need to make deliveries tomorrow," he said making Alberto cross his arms but continue eating.

"You girls will be okay here?" he asked.

"Yes papa."

"Yes, Uncle Massimo."

"Good."

After eating Massimo and Alberto left to go fishing leaving Giulia and Cecilia alone, not knowing what to do Cecilia thought it would be a great chance to read one of the books she had packed.

She took out the novel that her mother had secretly bought her once, Light A Single Candle, it had been released a couple months ago and her mother had gotten it for her behind her father's back who disproved any romantic affiliated novels.

Cathy's character seemed to be strong despite her condition yet at the same time she was able to face her blindness. Cecilia read it quietly until her cousin came inside with a curious look on her face.

"What are you reading?" she asked looking at the English title on the cover.

"An American novel," Cecilia explained.

"About?" she asked peeking at the foreign words.

"It's about a blind girl looking for recovery," she explained briefly but it was enough to grab Giulia's attention.