Chapter 11: Wrapped up in a mess

________________________

Summary:

After Zenitsu talks with Giyuu, Giyuu tells him to speak with Kaigaku. What he didn't know is that there was another demon pursuing him

_________________________________

"I see, so that's how you met..."

Giyuu nodded and smiled, that memory still remains fresh in his brain. As he was about to take a sip of his tea, Zenitsu asked "Say, Tomioka-san?"

Giyuu looked up. Zenitsu fiddled with his fingers a bit "How exactly did you two get married ?" He asked, scratching the back of their head "I mean don't get me wrong I fully support and trust that you know what you are doing, but still! You never mentioned anything about marriage" He said, leaning forward a bit

The water hashira smiled softly and put his cup down. "As you know, my marriage isn't legal in Japan. As well as in many other countries" His smile slowly faded, and his gaze saddened "By law, I'm not married" He explained.

Then he looked up again, and his smile seemed brighter "But to me, it's real and that's more important"

Zenitsu was surprised, he didn't expect that answer from Giyuu, but he was satisfied.

He didn't want to know what type of twisted love they had. But he doesn't want to interfere much. If Giyuu is happy then he'll let it be. Not like he can do much anyway.

Zenitsu fiddled with his cup for a bit, "Say, Tomioka-san...There's something I need to ask you" he mumbled. Giyuu raised a brow, "Yes, Zenitsu?"

The thunder breather scratched the back of his neck. "It's about Kaigaku," He paused for a bit, not knowing what to say. Giyuu sat there patiently, encouraging the boy to take his time to gather his words.

Eventually Zenitsu worked up the courage and asked. "How do I win him over?" he said with such speed in his voice. Giyuu was surprised by this question, but he expected it. Zenitsu and Kaigaku...They reminded him so much of him and Muzan.

"I may have a few suggestions"

'Maybe even more'

[REDACTED]

11:22 pm

"We need to get her back" An Oni heard a whisper. She promptly ignored the voice and continued on with her experiment. "Come on," The voice demanded, echoing in her mind.

The woman felt frustrated "Rashomon, stop it" She demanded. The shadow behind her seemed to comply and fall back a bit. "You need to get her back–" The woman slammed her hands on the table, glaring at the shadow creature, making it quiver.

"Rashomon." She called out, turning her head

"I told you to drop it!" Her eyes widened with rage, her eyes turned into a vibrant shade of red, reflecting her anger. Rashomon, feeling both terrified and apologetic, swiftly nodded in agreement, his voice now sounding raspy and distorted like a mischievous ghost. "Yes, my Queen, I'm truly sorry, my Queen," he stammered.

The woman rolled her eyes and went back to work. Checking her map again and again, placing markings here and there, seeming to be lost in thought.

A knock on the door snapped her out of her thoughts "How much longer are you going to keep doing this?" A man asked, entering the room. He dodged the trinkets hanging from the rooms, "Seriously Yubotchta, you need to rest"

The man placed his hand on the woman-Yubotcha's-shoulders. "Rouhei, let go of me" She threatened. Rouhei paid her no mind and continued kissing her shoulders, ignoring the continuance glare targeted at him.