Chapter 7: I'm a jealous boy

—----------------------------------------------------

Summary: The hashira's talk with Giyuu, one hashira in particular, throws accusations at him which causes Giyuu to lash out.

—------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours, the door opened to reveal Shinobu, holding a box. "Tomioka-san" She called out, her expression was a mix of sadness and pity. Giyuu stood up, as did Muichiro.

"Kocho, what's wrong? Is Kanzaburo alright?" he asked frantically. Muichiro glanced at Shinobu, then glanced back at Giyuu then his eyes finally landed on the box. Oh. He thought. Such a shame.

Shinobu hesitantly gave Giyuu the box. Slowly, Giyuu took it. He was afraid to look inside, but with Shinobu's expression, he knew this can't be good news.

Yet he swallowed his doubt and opened it either way. There lied kanzaburo. Motionless.

Giyuu was shaking, his hand covered his mouth as he gulped. Poor Kanzaburo, a pitiful sight really.

Shinobu bowed. "I'm sorry Tomioka-san, while Veterinarian is not my specialty I did the best I could" She uttered "My condolences"

Giyuu looked at her. He had to compose himself. Taking in a deep breath, he assured: "It's not your fault Kocho." His monotone voice wreaked of insularity. Shinobu lifted her head and nodded

'I'm sorry for your crow" Muichiro whispered from behind him. Giyuu didn't even turn to look at him instead letting out a hum, barely acknowledging the youngest slayer.

He wasn't mad at Kocho, he just felt...dejected. Like a big piece of him just got ripped away leaving a big hole in its place.

Closing the box he faced Shinobu, "I'll be taking my leave now, thank you for your help Kocho" He bowed. Shinobu wanted to protest, but she couldn't say a word, a wave of guilt rushed through her. Giyuu gave a quick bow to Muichiro-who gave a small bow in return- and went on his way. That is, until he was stopped by a tall muscular figure.

'Ah! Tomioka-kun! Where are you going?" Great, the loud one's here. Tengen questioned the water pillar, grinning from ear to ear. "Good evening to you as well, Uzui-san. I was just about to leave, please don't bother yourself with me' he said calmly before moving past Tengen's way.

"Now now Tomioka-san! No need to get all shy" A booming voice said. "Rengoku-san" Rengoku was recovering from his last mission the last time Giyuu saw him. His heartbeat raced when he realized it was Uppermoon Three that he battled with. "How are you?" He asked out of politeness "Doing well! My injuries are healing just fine!" Rengoku added as he laughed

Giyuu nodded "Well then, I must go now" He bowed turning his heel to leave.

"Oi! Hang on a second" Augh, what now?

"Yes, Shinazugawa-san?" Giyuu called out to the man who was strutting towards him. "Just where do you think you're going?" He shouted. "Home" What the fuck does it look like I'm doing?

Sanemi laughed "Oh really? You expect us to believe that shit?" I don't "You really need to work on your lying skills Tomioka" Yeah right "We all know you're just going back to that fucking monster to sell us out you bastard" What?

There was no doubt Sanemi was talking about Muzan. Giyuu knew they were bound to find out eventually but not like this.

"Excuse me?" Just who does he think he is?

"You fucking heard me. Maybe that's why you've been avoiding us like the plague" Giyuu's mouth was agape. That wasn't the reason at all, that was never the reason.