15# Coffee shop

Today is a day that I hate, even though I haven't done it, I get a bad vibe from the town. On outreach day all the students go into Jerico and help in all the shops that accept our help. I hope I get paired up with Xavier or Ajax. Ever since that night after the Poe Cup, I've been thinking about the boys non-stop. Speaking of stopping, why did they have to stop? The more I think about it, the more I blush.

"Hey, are you alright Y/n?" Eugene asks noticing how I'm blushing.

"Your face is all red, do you have a fever?" he questions.

'Oh, sweet Eugene' I look at him and smile.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just thinking of... things" I say looking at the back of Xavier and Ajax's head.

"Ok then," he says looking forward.

We arrive at Jerico and pile out of the bus. Mrs. Weems gives us all bits of paper telling us where to go. I unfold it and glance at the fine print in the center.

'Huh, the coffee shop' I see Ajax and Xavier standing, talking to each other. I walk up to them. 

"Hey, what did you guys get?" I question looking at their papers. Xavier also got the coffee shop and Ajax got the creepy shop that sells stuffed roadkill animals.

"I don't wanna go" Ajax complains. 

"Oh well, you'll get to touch roadkill. It's your dream job!" Sarcasm lases my voice.

"Yeah, just great".

After a couple of minutes of talking, Mrs. Weems and the mayor do a speech before telling us to go to our jobs causing me and Xavier to split up from Ajax and head towards the coffee shop. When we walk in a ginger-haired boy named Tyler Galpin. 

I don't think Xavier likes him because whenever he gives us tips on how to work, Xavier always glares at him. I don't know why.

Once I'm done gathering a customer's order, I walk to the coffee machine to make it. A bit of steam comes out but nothing else.

'Is this stupid thing broken?'

"Oh yeah, it gets clogged sometimes. You just have to lift off the top and run some water through the filter." Says Tyler, I feel him lean over me and pour some water into the filter. His back presses against mine making me want to vomit. I step away from him making him get shocked.

"Shoot! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lean on you. Sorry." He says quickly, noticing my recoil.

"It's um... It's ok" I say as I lift the lid back onto the coffee machine. Tyler continues talking to me as I make the customer's coffee. Every once in a while, I notice Xavier stare and man, if looks could kill, Tyler would be six feet under right now.

After I finish making the customer's order, Xavier comes over to me and grabs my arms softly. Leading me away, he stops out of sight of Tyler and starts talking.

"Y/n, just be careful around Tyler... He's bad" 

"Bad?" I question.

"Yeah, last year he and a few of his friends bullied me so I would watch my back."

"Oh... ok, thanks for telling me."

'So that's why he's staring daggers' I walk back into view of Tyler and take another customer order. Just then Principal Weems and Mrs. Thornhill walk in, Mrs. Weems orders a coffee and sits down at one of the tables leaving me and Mrs. Thornhill. Just as Mrs Thornhill goes to order, the mayor walks in and starts talking to printable Weems. Mrs Thornhill stops and stares at the two.

'Weird, why is she so interested in them?' She finally orders a donut, pays, and walks to the other two adults. A loud huff leaves my lips as I make my way over to Xavier.

"You enjoying the child labor?" I ask him making him turn around and smile a bit.

"Not especially, but since you're here, I'd say it's alright." He winks at me making my cheeks tint a slight pink.

"Wow, Great flirting," I say unimpressed. He just smirks and continues what he is doing. Ten minutes later, Wednesday walks in and looks at one of the shop boards. Xavier goes over and starts talking to her, he starts to look annoyed before Wednesday rings the desk bell, calling Tyler over. Xavier huffs and walks towards me.

"I hate Tyler..." He says, he turns his head and looks at Wednesday and Tyler talking. 

"He's not bad, but he does get a bit... well... touchy and in my personal space sometimes," Xavier grumbles a bit before turning to serve more customers.

At the end of outreach day, all the students sit down and listen to Principal Weems and the mayor give a long speech and talk about the statue. I sit beside Ajax and Wednesday, while Enid and Xavier sit in the row in front of us. 

After we get back to Nevermore, I rush to my room and fling myself on the bed, burying my face into my pillow with a loud sigh.

'That speech took forever...' My vision clouds over as I shift my head to the side and throw the covers over myself. 

Heeeey....😬 I'm so sorry for not posting, I have just moved to a new school and everything has been stressful, and in all honesty, I forgot completely about this book. I was too focused on writing my other one-shot book and I'm sorry. I know that my posting schedule is horrid but I hope you can forgive me.🙏🙏

Word count: 945

L0v3 u