12# Poe cup

Rowan left yesterday, leaving Xavier to room by himself and Wednesday confused. Shes going around and asking people about him trying to figure out... something I suppose.

Anyway, it is now the morning of the Poe cup, I'm not entered but Xavier and Ajax have. They have been really excited to win. Every year the sirens have won because of their relationship with water and because of them cheating.

-BANG, BANG, BANG- My door almost breaks down because of someone trying to get me up. 

"Mhhhhhh" I groan as I roll out of bed, making a thump on the floor.

"Y/n, get up." I slowly stand up with my blanket still wrapped around me. As I open my room door, Enid stands Infront of me with a smile on her face.

"Morning sleepy." she says while walking into my room. I flop back onto my bed trying to fall back into my beloved slumber. 

"No. Y/n, get up." Enid yanks the blanket off me and pulls me out of bed.

"Mhhhhh, what's the time?" I question while I stand and walk to my closet. 

"Can I choose what you wear today?" she asks ignoring my question. 

"Mhm. what's the time?" I ask again.

"8.30" she replies, finally. I sit back down on my bed while Enid shuffles through my closet looking for an outfit for me.

I walk in between the tents looking for Xavier and Ajax's tent. I spot them sitting in their tent with their costume on and no make-up on yet.

"Finally, we have been waiting for you Y/n" Ajax says as I walk in and look around for the makeup kit.

"Is that so?" I finally find the kit and sit down Infront of Xavier, who leaned forward so I can do his makeup. I start with the white and cover his whole face with it.

"Hoo, that's cold" I smile and start on his mouth, making it into a jagged smile.

"Yo, Xavier. we need help getting the boat ready for the water." One of the other boys in their team calls.

"Sorry, gotta go. I'll be back so you can finish" Xavier stands up and jogs outside.

I stand up, sit Infront of Ajax and start painting his face in white.

"So, anything you want in particular?" I ask as I bring my other hand up to his face to turn it a little.

"Nope, I think I can trust you enough to let you choose." he replies with a smile.

"Right" I giggle a little.

'God damn it, we giggle like a little schoolgirl. 'I finish up Ajax's makeup and send him out to get one of the other boys.

I finish up the other boy's make up and walk outside to see Xavier sitting on a chair talking to Yoko. I grab the makeup kit and walk over to him; I stand behind him. I wrap my hand under his chin just as Yoko walks away, making him face upwards. I continue doing his eyes while my hand remains under his chin. he closes his eyes and relaxes.

"You scared me for a second, I thought you were trying to kill me by breaking my neck or something" Xavier says with a little laugh.

"Really? you thought I was going to kill you?"

"Yeah" we both laugh. I finish up his eyes but for some reason I don't let go of his chin. His soft brown eyes look up at me as I look back down at them. I see my reflection in them, the soft outline of my head with the clouds floating behind. I slowly lean down, our faces inches away from each other. He closes his eyes as I get closer and closer. 

Enid and Wednesday walk out of their tent talking to each other making me look up and let go of Xaviers chin. 

"Where are your whiskers?" Enid asks Wednesday.

"I'm already dressed up; I don't need whiskers " Wednesday says as they start walking this way. I back up and close the makeup pallet. Xavier drops his head down and stands up.

"Um, thanks for doing my teams makeup." he says while bringing his hand up to his neck.

"Oh, it's alright, it was fun painting all the different clowns." I say as my face starts heating up.

'We almost kissed him!'

"right" he says with a smile. 

"Well, you better go help your teammates. Ill cheer you guys on!" I say as I walk into the tent as fast as I can.

-bang- The gun goes off making all the boat row forward. Everybody including me, cheers on the teams as they row further away into the middle of the pond. Xavier and Ajax boat makes it into first place with all the other boats close behind. Just then one of the other boats starts going off to the side towards a huge red Boi, it looks like somethings pushing it. the boat hits the boy making it break in half and all the people inside to fall into the water. one boat down, two to go. Ajax and Xaviers boat goes around a sort of bend in the pond along with the others. No one can see what's happening, we all so silent waiting for a boat to come back. 

I see someone coming towards me from the corner of my eye, I look sideways to see Eugene scootch in beside me with two toffee apples. 

"What did I miss?" he asks while looking at me.

"Quite a lot. The boats set off and the joker's boat was in first, they just went around the corner" I say pointing at the corner of the pond.

"Aw damn it, I knew I didn't have time to get a snack. oh, I got one for you" he says holding one of the toffee apples out for me to take.

"Aw, thanks Eugene." I say as I take it and suck on the sweet sugar, coated on the outside of the apple.

Omg, I've been waiting to do this chapter for ages. I got the idea right at the start and have had to wait until now. also, sorry I haven't posted for like 2 months, I've been caught up in schoolwork and completely forgot about writing so i gave you guys an extra-long one to make up. I'm also in the middle of writing another chapter so hopefully there will be another update soon!

have a good day/night!

-leaf

word count: 1052