Chapter 4 - Boy Scouts

I know that Im fucking up and I'm sorry for the delay. I promise that I will try not to let time get away from me like that again. I hope you like it and hopefully I'll update two more times this week.

Vote/Comment/Enjoy!

-Neisha <3

__________________________

Demi's P.O.V.

I didn't even know I was asleep until I'm woken up by something falling in the front. Standing up from my chaise I quietly grab the gun under my pillow then walk quietly to the living room. Looking at me confused is a very drunk Joell.

"What the fuck, Joell! Are you serious?!" I couldn't even think straight with all the shit running through my head. I literally kicked him out earlier today so why did he assume he could come back?

Trying to balance hisself against the wall and walk towards his room, he mumbled, "Sorry."

"Where were you and why are you back here," I ask confused by his presence.

Hissing through his teeth he turns and glares at me. "Out and I don't even know how I got here."

Sighing I start, "Joey--"

"Stop acting like you care when you're the one that told me to leave."

"Don't start this shit and tell me who you were with," I demand mad and hurt that he thinks I don't care about him.

"The only woman who loves me."

I can't help but chuckle at the thought of some little bitch telling him that they love him and him believing it. Don't mistake it, I'm not saying its impossible but with the stuff I tend to spoil him with, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them see him as a 'get out the hood free card'. "Oh yeah and who might that be?"

"My mother," he replied smugly.

My heart dropped at the thought that that manipulative bitch has gotten to him. That hurt even more that he sees more love in our mother than he does in me, "Please tell me that you are fucking joking."

"Nah we was just chilling and had a drink or three." He says walking past the kitchen towards the hall.

I tilted my head back to keep the tears in my eyes instead of down my face. I just don't understand how he can't see what I see.

Grabbing his hand I spin him around so we are eye to eye. "What type of mother gets her 16 year old son drunk, Joell? Where were y'all, was it a crack house, her 'boyfriend's' house or a damn party? By the look on your face I know it's one of the above."

"Stop acting like you know me or her." He says with dead eyes.

I was done with this conversation for now. "You're drunk just go to sleep and I'll see you tomorrow."

Turning around, leaving him in the hall, I go to my room to get in the bed to sleep off the rest of this shitty day when I look at the clock and see tonight I need to go meet Jace.

Groaning, i get back up and sullenly put on some black clothes and grab my keys. As I put the the keys in the ignition, I relax into the leather system while listening to Jhené Aiko sing passionately through the stereo. Driving in a nonresidential area, I pull up and put the car in park. Our meeting place always changes and has a complicated system. We, Tori, Jace, and I, have codes that we speak in, for instance, the digits for the time and dates are pushed up a place. So if he says that there is a heist that we need to set up for November (11th month) the 3rd at 7 pm it's actually March (3rd month) the 7th at 11 pm.

Looking up I see his car pull up in front of mine. He blinks his light 3 times quickly in front of mine and I blink mine slowly in response then he blinks his 3 times quickly again. We always do this, it's Morris Code SOS, it usually mean that something is wrong but for us it mean everything is cool. Turning off the headlights as he does the same, but when I'm about to get out of the car I realize that he isn't alone. I know this isn't a set up?!

I'm going to have to body someone tonight. Opening the door they do the same and we all step out simultaneously. I don't spaz out because control is what I need if this shit goes down hill fast.

"What's up Jace," the other guy is standing a few steps back from Jace and hasn't said anything but continues looking my way. I don't respond to his presence but keep him in my peripherals.

"How's Red," he says referring to Tori. Everyone always called her that because she has natural red lips and highlighted hair that was odd yet complimented her beauty.

"She's good, what's up," wanting to get to the point of why he brought company when we don't do that.

Looking at the man in the shadows, he says, "This is Ox."

Fitting. "Ok why is he here?"

Stepping in front of Jace, a familiar voice says, "because I can be here."

Tilting his head I'm looking into the eyes of Cordell, why can't this nigga stay out of my way?

"What do you want... Ox is it," I say snippily.

Amused he repied, "Yes, and I'm here to see you... Ri isn't it?"

"Why are you here to see me?"

"Because your boss asked me to come see you." He says stepping towards me.

"Excuse me, your what?" I was really confused, Jace is the one that tells me what needs to be done and as far as I knew he was my only boss.

"My employer, we all work for someone else," he said in a nonchalant manner that didn't seem right.

Covering my suspicion, I ask annoyed, "How the fuck do I work for anyone else but Jace?"

"Jace is one of the main employees here and you are one of his main employees so I was told to come and 'scout' you."

Scout me?

"Scout me for what," he shakes his head from side to side indicating that he either doesn't know or isn't going to tell me.

"I've been working for him for a while so why is the boss just now seeing interest in me?" Maybe it was just me but something just didn't add up, and it made me all the more sure of my decision.

"There's a reason to every decision."

Tilting my head to the side looking at Cordell and Jace, I say, "Well, I've been thinking of this for a while and I think it's a good time to put in my two weeks notice."

__________________________

Ok, like I said in the story, there's a motive behind every decision, you will soon see mine. I hope you liked it!

Vote/Comment/Enjoy!

-Neisha