Chapter 1 - Goodbyes & Job Proposals

Ok so I had this started in August 2012 but just got around to it. This book is going to be crazy! So I hope to get feedback and comments.

Enjoy!

-Neisha

__________________________________

Demiri's P.O.V.

A tear slides down my face as I watch the casket being lowered into the ground. I just cant understand how it got so bad so quick. I had everything I ever wanted but now I realize that it doesn't matter. None of the shit I complained about mattered, none of the arguments mattered and most importantly, none of the money mattered. All that matters is that I'm 16, fatherless and my mother couldn't even get off of my father's ex-partner, Domo 's dick, long enough to come to her children's father's funeral. I look at my 15 year-old brother, Joell and see that he is trying to hold his tears at bay. Feeling arm around me, I turn around and wrap my arms around her waist.

"It's ok mami, we are going to stick together and make it work like they would want us to." My best friend, Tori whisper in my ear. We just buried her father a couple of weeks ago.

Nodding against her chest, I whisper, "ok."

I feel her kiss my temple and step back. "I'll give you minute, iight?"

I nod again and turn around to see everyone walking away including my brother. Wiping my eyes, I sit in one of the chair and pull out a blunt and light it. Looking up at the sky I smile at the grey clouds looking for the silver lining. After a couple of minutes, I start to talk to my father.

"Hey daddy, I don't really know what to say that you don't already know," sighing and shaking my head, I say out loud, " I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I hope I make you proud and that you'll forgive me for my fuck ups. I hope time is on my side unlike yours. I love you, old man, R.I.P."

With that I walk away trying not to dwell on the past and piece together my future.

*~*~*~*~*

"Why the fuck are we here, Tor," ever since my dad died a month ago, I basically keep to myself. My tolerance for pretty much anything has been below sea level, my solitary has been my coping mechanism and I enjoy it, which is why I'm annoyed that Torian has dragged me out of the house.

"Because Jace said he wanted to talk to us about something and this can be about money, in which we need." That's true, my bitch of a mother decided to take the $2M that my daddy left for my mom to raise us for the next two years so I now have two mouths to feed.

I lean against the old rail looking at my Timbs as she knocks on the door. I look up when I hear it swing open and Jace appears in the doorway, "hey ladies, come in."

Walking into the house, I quickly scan the room making sure that this isn't a set up or anything but my muscle ease a little when I realize that the house is empty besides us. Jace steps in front of us and I dismissively look him over.

He is actually extremely attractive, he has deep waves, light brown skin with a cute baby face. Its no secret that he's on the wild side though, which makes him all the more attractive but I have no interest in him. The last thing I need is to be stressed out over a 19 year old nigga on the come-up right now. My schedule will always be too full to be fighting bitch that decide to be disrespectful because they want him. I realize I wasn't even listen to him and Tori's small talk.

"So what did you want to see me about?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"You can sit down and--"

Before he could finish I sigh and say, "aye yo listen, I'm not stupid this is obviously business so lets get to it. I really don't have time for this Mickey Mouse Club bullshit."

Smiling, he looks me up and down with interest and notifies me, "This is why I need y'all on my team, I have a job opening that I think ya'll would be perfect for with a few details this could be a perfect partnership. Y'all fathers were the best at what they did so its rumored that they trained y'all well."

I'm a little surprised by this but don't show it. Tori sits quietly as I talk business, I know that she will agree with my choice, "what will we be doing?"

"Hits and heists," he says without blinking.

Looking at him I feel the need to clear up a few things, "I'll think about it but let me lay down some ground rules. This is the last time we talk about this in the city, you will have something incriminating on us so we will need the same and last but not least if I decide on this, there will be nothing personal not even having a sip of McDonalds iced tea together. Deal?"

He looks like he doesn't want to agree but decides to anyway, "deal, tell me what you decide."

Nodding I turn to walk away but stop and ask, "This is obviously not random so if there's a target at hand, what is it?"

With a sinister smile he replies, "Oh, thats the best part, I thought that your first job should be memorable and laced with revenge."

Confused me and Tori ask, "What are you talking about?"

"Word on the street is that that nigga that ya'll pops used to run with is their killers, shit, whats that nigga's name, oh yeah, Domo."

__________________________________

What do you think?

Vote/Comment/Enjoy =)

-Neisha