Seven

Today Carl didn't hang out with Jack but with his other friends; a drug dealer and another guy whose been in jail for god knows what. They were older than him, so they could go clubbing legally while Carl couldn't. But that, of course, didn't hold Carl back on doing whatever the fuck he wants.

At times like these his fake ID card comes to play and for some reason it always works.

"You sure you're 22?" The security guard asked and Carl pulled his best face.

"I've got no doubt." he said, his two friends standing to his left and right side, making him look older than he actually is to the security guard. "I've been here a few times this year. Is Larry here?" Larry's the chef of this club.

"Larry!", the security guard screamed for him.

"Ah, Carl.", Larry came over and smiled at him.

"You know that guy?"

"Yeah, of course. Carl's been here a few times before. Is there a problem?"

The security guard sceptically looked Carl up and down.

"No." he finally said and stepped aside, so Carl and his two friends entered.

Carl missed clubbing.

*

Meanwhile Jack was with Riley. Jack thought that he and Riley will hang out alone but she brought Ross with her and the tension was too much for Jack's liking.

Ross had his arm around Riley's shoulder who talked about her latest obsession. She talked about a new Netflix show which Jack and neither Ross have watched yet.

"And the plottwist at the end, like guysss," she said. "It's chefskiss, y'all gotta see it."

"Just spoil the plottwist." Ross said tired.

"No, you gotta see it for yourself, Ross, make the experience to watch a masterpiece."

Ross rolled his eyes. "It's not as if I'll watch it." Ross whispered and Riley furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?" she said.

"Nothing, nothing, god."

Riley looked at him a second longer before she turned to Jack, who's totally spaced out. He couldn't help but think about what's Carl doing and if he has fun. Maybe he missed him as much as Jack missed Carl.

"Jack!" Riley said and flicked his forehead. "Are you even listening?"

Jack came back to himself. "Of course I am. You were talking about some plottwist."

Riley shook her head. "That was minutes ago." she said. "Nevermind, I was asking if you are free this saturday. It's Ross' 17th birthday."

Before Jack could answer, Ross did. "Who said I want him there?"

"Ross, come on!" Riley said, caressing Ross' arm. "Jack's cool."

"His friend beat me up."

"Well, you were being aggressive. You deserved it."

"Sorry, okay, sorry! How many times am I supposed to repeat myself?"

"And how many times am I supposed to tell you that Jack's my friend? Only. My. Friend."