Ten

Carl's back got slammed against the wall behind him at the school hallway and this time not in a good way.

His back tingled from the sensation of being pushed onto the wall by the shoulder of a guy he literally never saw before.

"Hey!" Carl called after him as the guy and his friend walked through the hallway after forcefully pushing Carl. The guy looked at Carl over his shoulder and had a smirk on his face that showed that he tried to hurt Carl on purpose. "Yeah, you, asshole, what's your fucking deal?"

"My deal?" he asked and walked toward Carl, his posture straight as if he tried to look broad to prove something. "Everyone celebrates you for what you did to Ross on his birthday but you should be taught some fucking manners."

The guy pushed Carl back by pressing his palm on Carl's chest but this time he was prepared, so he didn't stumble back as much as he did before.

"Nope, not dealing with this." Carl said and tried to get out of the situation but the guy didn't let him go and the guy's friend snickered in the back. "I'll be late."

"As if that ever mattered to you."

That actually confused Carl because who is this guy infront of him to know what matters to him at school?

"Do we know each other?"

The guy looked offended and the friend in the back started to snicker louder. "Shut up!", the guy turned to his friend who abrutly stopped to laugh. "Prescott Wellington? I sit behind you in geography."

"You do? Never saw you before."

"You--"

"Well, whatever, let me just get through." Carl tried to get inbetween them but got stopped again.

Prescott leaned down to whisper to Carl's ear, "Be careful when your boyfriend and you hold hands in public next time."

"Is that a threat?" Carl laughed but Prescott looked at him with no emotions behind his dark eyes.

"Might be." he responded. "Depends on how serious you take it."

Carl could laugh harder than he already did.

*

Even though Carl didn't take Prescott's threat seriously, he couldn't get it out of his head all day. During chemistry class, during english and during fucking geography Carl could feel two pair of eyes staring coldly at him. It made him feel uneasy and the uneasiness didn't make him feel well; he wasn't used to it. Carl didn't know what to do if anything would ever happen to Jack because of him.

During geography Jack sat right next to him, so Carl could feel even more eyes on him.

Under the table Jack reached his hand towards Carl's and as soon as Carl felt the slightest touch he pulled away.

Jack pouted and stared Carl up and down before he nodded as if he understood and looked back straight forward to the teacher.

Jack didn't understand though, Carl thought, and decided to clear things up during lunch break.

It was an awkward walk to the cafeteria. No one talked and there was something uncomfortable in the silence.

"We need to talk for a moment." Carl muttered.

"It's... you know, it's fine." Jack understood what Carl hinted at.

"No!" Carl said. "It's not... I didn't want you to touch my hand not because of the reason I didn't want to at first."

"Carl, it's fine, really."

"Prescott, he--" Carl's phone suddenly buzzed. He pulled it out of his pocket to see that Lip was calling him but he ignored the call.