Chapter 17: I'll persuade you (India 2012)

Natasha's point of view

Us.

Yelena and I.

God, I never thought I'd get to see her again, nearly a decade ago.

Let alone me lying on her lap, placing my entire heart on a display table for her and her not running away.

Just sitting here in this room with my sister feels like were just frozen in time just the two of us and our f**ked up childhoods.

The room is quiet but its not the uncomfortable kind but the kind where your at the beach with someone and the waves do the all the talking for you and it feels like a pure sense of happiness.

I feel my self staring at her face one that 10 minutes ago was full of anger and frustration is now replaced with a delicate smile, her youth like soft features and her light eyes that are like staring into a water colour painting of a craystal clear lake on a spring day there curved up at the ends to match her smile and what remains of her black eyeliner makes them stand out now.

And their full of a look of love that I believe just might be for me.

She shifts her legs slightly causing her knee to dig into a diffrent part of my back digging right into a fresh bruise I let out a gasp full of pain and my eyes flash to the wall I know I got it from a haunting image of Ivans face, then Yelenas hand I slightly move out of them, Ivan pops up again and the pain seeps in like blood in white dresses.

"S**t Talia!" I barely hear Yelena say in between the flashes that plague my head. "Can you hear me Natasha, Natasha" I hear Yelena call out to me and I try to refocus my vision that start blurred then back to clear on her face I feel my body put up a thin shield and I nod my head slightly "Yeah" I gasp and the sound of my own voice catches me by suprise.

It's more shaken, small and slightly higher in pitch like a child's.

I try to sooth my breathes, Im here, Im here with Lena, just Lena and no ones gonna take her away this time.

Shh Yelena sooths gentle touching my arm and the side of my face which at first spreads shivers down my spine but I promised Yelena to do better so. "No ones gonna hurt you" She tells me and for once I try to believe it.

Back in the therate

I sit back in my seat no one shows that they take notice of our return. I'm glad these walls are sound proof.

As I settle in the bruises on my back rub on the chair and god it hurts like hell. Have they always hurt this much or did I just ignore the other ones like I still try to do today, forget about it and it will go away.

I didn't want to go back to the theatre, what if I hurt Yelena again now or back then.

I fidget in my seat and I find comfort on an angle with one shoulder blande supporting my entire back.

I stare down at the gap I've seen to put between Yelena and I with me leaning away for her body I'd say because of my back but it's really because I feel guilty but also scared like a whole bunch of memories that settled at the pit of stomach are slowly coming up again like ghosts as they slide past my eyes.

God and I thought today would be a day of reading and annoying the others.

I place my hand on the base of the seat it's soft, fuzzy like a seat 'stop trying to distract yourself Natalia' I think to myself I want look down at my wrists but I can't I keep my eyes glued up, steady blinking every 7 seconds.

'She let go, she let go it's Yelena' I think over and over again. Get over it! I scream but I don't hear me.

"Nat" I hear a hushed voice say and I snap my head in Yelena's direction I nearly mistook her voice for Lila's quiet child like. Yelena voice usually sounds like a force of fire and a slight breeze and full to the brim with sas. But right now it's different she only sounds like when she talks about hers our pasts but she hardly ever misses the sad the little spark of fire in my Yelena.