Chapter 13: Элли (Training with the winter soilder 2001) Part 2

Hi!

Form of suicide trigger.

Yelena's point of view:

Part 2

Steve finally calms down and I feel Natasha let out a breath of relief on my shoulder. Her head makes my shoulder warm and I know she likes it but would never admit it because she's well Natasha.

It's suddenly quiet as Natasha isn't talking and her breathes are quiet and at peace. I look down at her face and her eyes immediately flick to mine she pauses for a minute before her lips slowly start to form words. "Can you hold on to me" she whispers softly, I'm slightly taken her back this is Natasha the girl who practically hates any form of physical touch.

She hangs her head embarrassment written over her face. Crap, she thinks I'm going to laugh in her face. Like that one time in Ohio.

I remember being like 4 and walking through the house our house it was around 10pm which for me at 4 was like not sleeping for a week and I wanted to get a cup of water but Nat and Melina were in the kitchen talking so as a kid I decided to eavesdrop.

"Bed time Nat" Melina tells then 10 year old Natasha whose sitting on the kitchen bench starring out into the dark garden and tracing lines in the sugar she poured on the table. (If you get the reference, Your my new best friend (the one about the sugar))

Natasha looks up at Melina before nodding her head before getting off the stool and walking over to Melina and leaning in for a hug but Melina steps out of the way before letting out a low whisper "They're watching everything Nat" She whispers then starts laughing at Natasha.

"I'm sorry" Melina whispers again before slapping Natasha hard across the face but Natasha doesn't let a single tear fall "You little idiot, what did you want a hug to know I'm here that I love you, ha this a mission Natalia and why would I want to touch a little monster like you!" She explains a stern exterior but inside she's hurting Natasha looks down at her feet.

"Understood" Natasha tells Melina before walking before whispering "You lay a hand on Yelena real or not or break her heart I will kill you" Natasha states walking to her room so I run back to mine.

Natasha's face looks like it did then embarrassed like she wants to take it all back but I just open my arms and she instantly climbs into them placing her head between my neck and shoulder and wrapping her arms tightly around me.

I fiddle with bits of Natasha's fiery red hair between my fingers. When I first saw Natasha again even though I'd seen her files and her on TV I was taken a back when I saw that it was red and not blue. "You matter too Talia" I tell her that it's ok to be vulnerable with people.

I trace little patterns on her back like she did on mine when I hugged her or that she drew all over her school books or in sugar at home or at diners.
"I've got you" I tell her and I see her relax more. (I think I just need a hug 🤣)

I feel Natasha absorb into me like she's happy and it makes me smile. Is this what she would've been like what we would've been like if it wasn't for the red room, would she have been more open, optimistic, care about herself more or not freaked out when someone wanted a hug.

I guess the only good thing that came out of the nightmare was getting to know Natasha.

"Dearest people and vision we will be continuing on with the red room in 2001 with Bucky and Natasha" 764a states and I feel Natasha's hitch for a second so I grab her tighter.

At this I notice Bucky sinks in his seat. I never got to know him like Natasha did he never trained though I saw him in the hall once.

"Winter's freaking out isn't he" It's Natasha question and statement that pulls me from my thoughts. She knows everything all the time it's really cool but also crazy annoying. I turn to the side of her face and say my answer "Yep" I say popping the p.