CHAPTER 24

It had just rained two days ago, and the temperature was not as hot as before. Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin were talking and walking on the road to the family courtyard.

Before coming out, Qu Zhitao had already applied cooling oil on the exposed skin of her legs and arms. It felt refreshing, but she had not been bitten by mosquitoes.

The evening breeze blows gently, and the atmosphere is warm and beautiful.

But soon, the atmosphere was broken. Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin met many family members walking around, and people greeted them from time to time.

It was nothing at first, but suddenly a few children came out, holding a cat pillow, running and meowing, looking back with arrogant looks on their faces, not looking at the road at all.

Behind the children, Ruirui pursed her lips and ran after them, shouting: "Give it back to me! Give it back to me!" With tears in his eyes, he looked like he was about to cry, but he never cried.

Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin suddenly met these children at a corner. Before they could react, the children bumped into them.

They are all half-grown children, and with the momentum of running, even ordinary people would have to hit the ground and be unable to get up for a long time, let alone a pregnant woman like Qu Zhitao.

She was so frightened that she held her stomach and backed away, but it was obvious that she couldn't escape.

Qu Zhitao closed her eyes, too scared to open her eyes, her feet were getting weak.

Fortunately, Liao Jilin was by her side to protect her, and he intercepted the children one by one and put them on the grass nearby.

The crisis was gone. Qu Zhitao breathed out, held Liao Jilin's arm and said, "I...my legs are weak."

Liao Jilin picked her up and was about to take her to the infirmary, but Qu Zhitao stopped her: "I'm fine, I'm just scared. Just go back and rest."

The children who were thrown out over there were also bullies. When they saw Liao Jilin's black face, they didn't dare to say a word or apologize. They got up and ran away quickly.

Ruirui ran over, knowing that he was in trouble. Seeing Qu Zhitao and Liao Jilin's uneasy faces, they didn't even bother to pick up the thrown cat pillow.

"Aunt Tao, I'm sorry."

Qu Zhitao asked Liao Jilin to put her down. She took a few deep breaths to relieve the weakness in her legs. She walked over and knelt down to pick up the pillow, handed it to Ruirui, touched his head and said, "I don't blame you. Ruirui, can you?" Tell Aunt Tao what happened just now?"

Although Ruirui was only five years old, he was articulate and clear in thinking. He quickly explained the ins and outs of the matter to Qu Zhitao. Liang Ning taught him well.

In fact, it was those children who bullied the younger ones with their big ones, and when they saw that Ruirui had a toy in his hand that none of the children in the family home had, they felt itchy and snatched it from him.

When Rui Rui chased them, they teased Rui Rui and chased them, which resulted in trouble.

Qu Zhitao understood, raised her hand and touched Ruirui's hair again, and said to him: "It's okay. Ruirui is not to blame for this. Just hug the pillow and go home. Your mother will be worried if it's too late."

Ruirui still felt uneasy: "Aunt Tao, are you okay?"

"Aunt Tao is fine, go back."

Ruirui turned around and left holding the pillow in three steps. When Qu Zhitao was about to stand up, Liao Jilin reached out to help her up, with worry in his eyes.