• 31 •

ARYA POV:

It's been over one month since I last saw him, the day after that night. He only met me once on the day we left for India, and that's it. Is he ignoring me? He didn't even tell me he was going out for work again. 

|FLASHBACK|

"Masi, Did Mr. Roy have his breakfast early and leave? I didn't see him anywhere in the house," I asked as I joined for breakfast one morning.

"What are you talking about, Arya beta? He left for abroad for some work, and he'll be back after two weeks or so. His secretary called and informed me last night. Didn't he tell you before going?" the maid replied.

"No, he didn't. I, uh, must have forgotten. He probably told me, and I forgot," I replied, lying.

"Okay, beta, breakfast is ready. Come, sit," the maid said.

|FLASHBACK END|

This was what I feared. I knew that the day I would express my feelings for him, his behavior would change. Before that, he used to talk to me, even if it was just a little. But now, he only talks when it's necessary. He's avoiding me, and the whole situation doesn't feel right. 'But Arya, he's keeping his promise of not touching you' as he made clear. He believes he's responsible for the entire situation. I think we were both drunk that night, and I started developing feelings for him. So, I might have confessed my feelings while I was high. How can he avoid me or think it was his mistake only?

I knew I was angry, but not at him – at myself. Because I know one day, I have to leave him. I'm his fake wife, and I shouldn't expect anything from him. I was angry and shocked because I'll have to answer to my parents one day if I leave this world, and I can't face them. You can call me a scared kitten, but that's how I was brought up.

With that in mind, I headed for the shower. As I stepped out, I felt refreshed. Before that, I had been feeling sad, but now, I felt happy. I don't know what's wrong with my hormones these days. I feel happy all day, then suddenly sad, and then happy again, like really happy for no reason at all.

Now, a strange thought popping out my mind, "Arya, let's dance. It's been a while since you danced." 

see this what i was talking about .What the heck is wrong with you? Dance? I mean, you were just feeling down a minute ago. Now, dance? "No, let's dance." 

I played some music, my hair still damp with a towel wrapped around my body. 

I selected the song "Genius" and began to move to the beat. I lost myself in the music, feeling the rhythm coursing through my body. It felt good to dance after such a long time. I started to lip-sync to the lyrics of the song, Using the dryer as my mic or thinking I am in my private concert. singing out loud.

"Oh my god, baby baby don't you see-e-e

  I got everything you ne-e-ed

  O-only a genius could love a woman like me 

  Sayin' oh my god, baby baby don't you see-e-e

   I got everything you ne-e-ed 

  O-o-only a genius could love a woman like me."

With each word, I became more engrossed, flipping my hair and singing with all my heart. I even found myself climbing onto the bed, fully immersed in the music

"Imma ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-genius 

   A ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-genius

   A ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-ge-genius."