4. Chapter 4

⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈

DAMIEN-(age 25)

Leaving the room with her fragrance lingering on me should be considered the sin of the day. She is the sin, a flawless pawn for my agenda. It was a mistake to let myself be swayed by her intoxicating scent and ultimately succumb to temptation. 

She was the embodiment of everything expected of her until I witnessed it firsthand - the intensity in her gaze, how she ignited at every breath, and her complete vulnerability in my presence.

I regret my actions now, as I allowed myself to be consumed with thoughts of kissing her and wanting to touch her. Suggesting marriage was crossing a line, given our current situation.

Our main focus should have been on completing the assignment at hand, yet I couldn't shake off the distraction of thinking about her. It was unprofessional and detrimental to the task at hand. In retrospect, I should have kept my thoughts and desires in check and maintained a strictly professional demeanor. My lapse in judgment has now caused unnecessary complications and hindered all my plans.

Astor stands stoically with the guards stationed outside, his voice maintaining a monotonous tone as he continues his conversation on the phone. I fidget with the rings on my thumb, exchanging anxious glances with the other members of our team as we eagerly await the arrival of our ship.

The previous evening, we had received an urgent call from our Eastern counterparts concerning the unexpected early departure of the vessel. According to their information, it should be arriving at any moment now.

It's still dark outside, I twist my wrist to check the time, it's still fifteen past two in the morning. Not getting a wink of sleep for the last two nights is catching up on me but I'm wide awake. Wearing the same suit from last night's party, still lingered in the sweetness of her scent all over me.

"It seems another hour will be needed, as my men have informed me that we are still far from reaching the port." Astor settles into the front passenger seat and turns to me. "You should take some time to rest," he suggests, a slight smile playing on his lips.

I notice his expression and raise an eyebrow, tucking back stray strands of hair and smoothing them with my fingers. "Is there something you'd like to say?" I ask. He quickly responds, "No, just that you should look presentable for your wedding in two days." I don't want your wife to complain to me about your lack of strength." If he wasn't my friend, he would become shark food in less than five minutes.

"That's sweet of you to consider my physical strength and don't worry, I don't have women-repulsing tendencies," I smirk, noticing the lock in his jaw. He can be as smart as he wants to be but when it comes to her... he's just a pussy-whipped asshole

He fists his gun on his waistband, "If you mention her one more time, I won't hesitate to shoot you in the head." See... pussy-whipped asshole. "Just wait until I find her..." He clenches his jaw, pain evident on his face but says nothing. His whole demeanor changes when she's mentioned anywhere. Like right now, his face is as red as a fresh tomato puree but at the same time, he wants to bury her alive.