3. Chapter 3

⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈•⋈

IARA-(age 18)

I ought to be anxious about standing in this room alone holding up for that human to just enter. I'll get to make beyond any doubt I do not wed Lee. It's not like I abhor him, I just abhor the thought of marriage through and through.

The connection is ridiculous in my word reference. All I can understand from the encounters I had to witness was effective individuals marrying into control to gain more control. Or a few maniacal asses wed fair for the fun of it, fair so they can unleash the creature in them on their accomplice.

As Rori James did to Victoria James, he hitched her within the title of love and tormented her till her final breath. In any case, marriage brings anything, it's death.

Damien Bianco is his name, the man who saved me. I didn't anticipate the master of our city to wander in reverse boulevards with dark adaptations and a death bike as his vehicle of choice.

As in case I summoned him, he strides inside the room not overlooking to lock it behind him. My pulse starts to pound uproariously in my veins and I can feel him nearing me. I keep my look down, me being the bratty self wouldn't work in my favor.

"Oh, it's you... the girl wearing those big glasses and unconventional clothes. I have to say, they don't seem to match your personality at all." His arrogance is clearly evident and I can tell he finds it amusing to have something over me. Little does he know that his secret of being a biker won't be a secret for long if I choose to reveal it.

As I look up, I am taken aback by how attractive this man is. He exudes confidence and has a unique glimmer in his mismatched eyes, with a few tattoos peeking out from under his perfectly buttoned shirt. It's only upon closer inspection that I notice a faint scar near his neck.

I feel a chill when his cold fingers, adorned with rings, graze my neck. "Please speak up, my dear. I want to hear your voice," he says with that same amusement in his eyes. He sees me as nothing more than entertainment.

What a pity.

"If you have any leverage against me, be assured that I hold similar ammunition." As I advance toward him, his mouth tugs upward, concealing a sly grin. "It seems we share a secret - your nocturnal activities are not as covert as you may believe." My smile mirrors his, albeit insincere, as our eyes remain locked in an unspoken challenge. The corners of his lips curl up in a half-smile, perhaps reveling in the mutual game we are playing.

"You do possess the skills to negotiate effectively... However, are you fully aware of the person you are negotiating with?" His lifted eyebrow conveys a powerful message, causing an unwarranted yet undeniable flutter in my body. I remind myself that it would be unwise to become entangled with him; my heart urges me to repeat this mantra. Yet, his commanding presence and dominance over any setting leave me mesmerized; I have never witnessed such reverence towards anyone as I have seen towards him.

"I do very well, sir... But if you threaten me, I'll do the same." He takes a step closer but I don't budge, my stupidity and iron back would definitely bring me death one day but I don't care.

He keeps walking until he's mere inches away from me, no not inches but millimeters. He stands so close to me that if I inhale too hard, my chest would brush his.