1.5

they arrived near a apartment which was probably sylvias home.
the driver helped bringing the suitcase infront of the apartment door on her floor.

once sylvia opened the door, (y/n) immediatly noticed that it was a little, let's say, messy... okay who was she kidding, it was a big mess.

"ehm, miss sherwood? no offence, but are you going through something?"

"oh... it must have slipped my mind to clean up. let me show you your room then i will have to get back to work. there should be some leftover that i made from last night. feel like home, because later won't be much time for that."

"yeah... thank you.", "way to kill the vibe.", (y/n) thought and them followed sylvia to a room which seemed to have been cleaned just recently.

"i made sure to make a little cleaning in here, took up some of my work time. if you need something, here is my number. now i need to get going. if i'm not back by tonight, just go to bed. make yourself comfortable. oh and, don't open the door unless it's me."

"okay mom.", (y/n) thought again and internally rolled her eyes.

"don't worry miss sherwood, i will be fine. don't let me hold you back. i'm a big girl now."

sylvia still looked monotone at the girl and waved while going back outside. once the fullmetall lady got into the fresh air and then in the car, she let out a little smile.

"is that a genuine smile i see?", the driver said as he saw the smile through the upper mirror while the smile disappeared as fast as it was there.

"no shut up, and drive now. i am going to be even more late than i already am."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

meanwhile back with our main character, she was done with putting her things away. she looked a last time through the room and then she looked out of her window.

that was a habit of hers. whenever she was in a new room, first thing she did was checking the view out the window.

"guess this will be a hard time. the lady must be going through something. she wouldn't mind if i looked around a little bit right?"

(y/n) got out onto the hallway and checked the pictures on the walls out which she hadn't noticed when she came in.

the pictures were taken in black and white, of a woman and a little girl which seems to be the womans daughter. both smiled brightly hugging eachother.

"this must be sylvia, so the girl is her daughter. hmm... but were is she then?"

at closer inspection, in the corner was a date written, 19**.

"oh..."

she walked over to the living room and the way blankets were spread everywhere and dust had covered the television. she took a look in the kitchen which was suprisingly clean, the bathroom was also okay, just a basket full of dirty cloths.

"it's still noon, i could do some cleaning, she wouldn't mind this either... right?"

so (y/n) went to change into more comfortable cloths and bound her hair back with a thin cloth.

back in the bathroom, she grabbed a bucket and let water flow in it from the tub. while it filled up she put some cleaning fluids.

"off into the cleaning war."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

it was night and (y/n) just finished cleaning around and dusting off everything.

after a long shower and in new pyjamas, she had made herself comfortable on the couch in the living room and had the television on, with the warmed up leftovers from the fridge and some tea. a cartoon called 'spy wars' played on the tv, which had (y/n) in a trance as it was getting to the good part. she had been watching it for a while and it was very entertaining.

bondman, a spy who was on different missions in every episode, rescuing a princess, seducing women who aggressivly break up with him because of his commitment issues and losing his spy partner.

sometimes her eyes were almost closing, but then she put the dishes away before she fell asleep completely.

later on, the entrance door opened, in stepped sylvia; exhausted from handling the stress of her co-workers and completely drenched from the rain outside when she ran from the car to the house doors; and was going to her bedroom when she noticed the tv on a static plus the sleeping girl on the couch.

there was also something very different. her home was... cleaner.

sylvia went over to (y/n) and slowly put her hand on her head, stroking it gently.

"thank you... good night.", and then the fullmetall lady went with light shoulders to her bedroom.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

the next morning, the sun shined inside and the rain smell from last night went through the open windows into the nostrils of (y/n) after she woke up on the couch with sylvia sitting on the opposite couch.

"morning."

"morning miss sherwood.", (y/n) yawned.

"it's okay when you call me sylvia in our privacy, we are roommates now, aren't we."

"hearing that from you is suprising, but fine.", (y/n) chuckled a little.

"can i ask you something sylvia?"

"ask."

"the little girl on the photos on the walls... was she your daughter?"

"yeah, she was..."

"where is she now?"

"on a better place, but i would like to stop this topic here.", sylvia was gripping her cup of coffee with a tight grip.

"ehm... are you leaving again later today?"

"no, i will leave in a few minutes, waited for you to wake up. i left some money in your room and a spare key. in case you want to take a walk outside, so you wouldn't be locked outside. see you tonight."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

ready in cloths for outside, (y/n) stood infront of her mirror and checked if she was looking presentable.

"let's see if i can come across anya. oh where are you angel?"