Waves

Poppy and I set her bed up with all the blankets that were hidden in the back of her closet. We raid the cupboards and set up her laptop on her lap, I rest my head on her shoulder as she searches up a movie without even asking 'Surfs up' of course.

It's about 10pm when the movie is over and the two of us aren't even close to tired, I look at Poppy with a grin remembering I have something to tell her. She sits up straight copying my smile "what is it?" She asks excitedly "I saw a new boy today" my smile grows at the thought of him "who is it?" She asks curiously "his name is Baxter Radic" I fall onto the pillows behind me "he must be the hottest guy on the earth for that reaction" Poppy giggles "I think he might be, his smile was so captivating and he's so good at surfing Pops, he did a better 360 than Jonas" I tell her "wait so you talked to him!?" She gets even more giddy "Jonas practically forced me to! He kept calling him an aggro which I mean I guess he isn't wrong" I roll my eyes "Jonas is probably just trying to protect you" Poppy says "no Poppy he's actually kinda a douche but a good douche I can't explain it!" My phone lights up next to me and I see a notification from instagram saying 'Baxter Radic followed you'. I throw my phone to the end of the bed and my cheeks turn bright red "oh my god!" Poppy squeals "what the fuckkkkkk" I groan "can I look through his insta?" She asks "hell yeah lemme see that" I lean over her shoulder to look through Baxters feed "he's actually really cute Lex oh my god" Pop keeps a hand over her mouth looking at me every few seconds while she scrolls "he's a douche, I couldn't" I tell her wiping the smile off my face.

"I've been getting with Griff" Poppy blurts out "shut the fuck up" I say with a straight face that turns into a smile within seconds "what's all that about, isn't he like such a dick?" I ask "yeah he's sorta a dick... well used to be but now he's kinda sweet" I can tell from her eyes that she actually has some feelings for him "can we talk about Jonas finally agreeing to be a coach?" Poppy looks over to me "I mean yeah, it's a little weird and a surprise but I couldn't be more proud" a small smile forming on my face "little sister proud of big brother" Poppy smiles "yeah I mean, yknow the story. He just hasn't been the same with surfing since."

Poppy and I decide to try and get some sleep after gossiping for what feels like hours. I turn over in her bed to face the closet and I pull the blankets over my body. Tonight was so fun, it feels good to talk to someone who isn't your older brother and I bet Poppy feels the same way, being able to have some girl time and gossiping like normal teenage girls makes life feel a bit less stressful.

Poppy and I wake up around 9am and head into the kitchen to see Manu cooking up some sausage and scrambled eggs "morning girls" Manu smiles to the two of us, we both sit down at the table "I heard you girls giggling all night" Manu says as he walks the hot pan over to the table and drops sausage onto our plates. The two of us just look at each other with wide smiles "glad to see you two together" Manu says gently "I think this whole group distance thing needs to end" I say to the two of them "I agree, even though we distract each other with drama sometimes, we're still family" Poppy says turning her head towards Manu who just nods at her "you kids need to do something together other than surfing" Manu suggests "yeah I like that idea, we spend so much time in the water but it wasn't like that before, we used to just hangout and talk, play cards and whatever else" I look to the two "I think Griff has a party going on tonight, I can ask if we can bring the group?" Poppy suggests "i'm down with that" I tell her.

After eating and having a small workout, I decide to head home "just text the groupchat if Griff says we can all go" I pull Poppy into my arms "will do" she replies "catch ya later Manu" I fist bump the boy who's always been like a second brother to me.

It's not a far walk from Poppy's house to mine, we always used to ride our bikes to each others houses which would be helpful today since i'd rather not be walking in this crazy heat.