Rocky

Bax lets me get somewhat decent like brushing my hair and changing into something more presentable of course with a bathing suit under it but he still refuses to tell me where we're going.

I lock up the house and the two of us hop in his Bronco. Bax passes me the aux cord but when I grab my phone I realize it's at 1%. "Can I just play music off your phone?" I ask "yeah, 6969" he says with an embarrassed but ultimately authentic smile, I can't help but turn away and giggle.

Our drive is only silent from the windows being down and the music cranked, Bax still looks over at me every once in a while and points at random things with a small chuckle which makes the silence even more comfortable.

Bax takes a gravel path up towards a mountain, he finally parks his car and takes the keys out of the ignition. I sit quietly in the passenger seat "cmon" he gestures for me to get out of the car with him.

Bax opens his trunk to reveal a cooler backpack filled with water and snacks, after looking at all of the supplies I look up to him "what-" I don't even know what to say "we're hiking" Bax says with a smooth smile "I gathered that, when did you have time to grab all of this? Was this the plan all along?" I ask "yeah I was going to go alone but then you texted me so I packed a few extra things and here we are" he slings the backpack over his shoulder and shuts the trunk.

The two of us walk towards a small opening in the tree line where a long windy path hides "i've never been hiking here before" I tell him "I think you'll be amused" the boy grabs my hand to help me climb a steep rock.

We're walking for about 20 minutes when Bax starts walking straight into the bush, no path even in front of him "where are you going?" I stare at him through the bushes "trust me just come this way" he rolls his eyes "did you take me here to kill me?" I chuckle as I take a large step over a bush "guess you'll find out" he continues walking straight.

I ramble about random things while we walk, Baxter just listens and nods every once in a while. I can't tell if he's uninterested, he seems busy trying to bring us to the destination. Eventually I stop talking to see if he'll say anything but instead he stops dead in his tracks and turns around "keep talking" he rolls his wrist in a circular motion "sorry I thought you were getting annoyed" I widen my eyes back at him "I don't think i'll ever be annoyed with you" he smirks and to that I continue rambling, this time about old comps and my friends stupid drama that's accumulated over the past year.

Bax cuts me off mid sentence and turns around "alright cmere" he comes up behind me and puts his hands over my eyes "walk straight" he instructs "Bax how can I walk if I can't see?" I giggle "just trust me, i'll tell you what to do" I can feel the cockiness in his tone. With a few steps and a few branches being thrown in my face, Bax finally brings me to a stop "okay ready?" He asks "ready" I say back, he finally takes his hands away from my eyes and when he does, i'm met with the most beautiful waterfall i've ever seen. I lift my head up to see Bax standing tall behind me with a shimmer in his eyes "so?" He makes his way in front of me "it's gorgeous" I say honestly.

We walk towards the waterfall, Bax putting his backpack down on a rock and then taking off his shirt. "Don't you have a bathing suit on?" Bax asks once he realizes i'm standing still just looking at him "yeah of course I do... sorry" I take my shirt and shorts off, throwing them towards the rock hoping they land somewhere near the rest of our stuff.

I slowly walk into the water, allowing myself to cool off after our long, hot walk. Bax isn't too far behind me, he grabs me by the waist and lifts me into the air, holding me bridal style as he walks deeper into the water and closer to the water falling. As we get closer I'm getting splashed by the surprisingly cold water, I squirm a bit and hold onto the back of his neck tightly "we're going under, you aren't getting out of this" it's like he's posing a challenge and so I take that as my chance to try to get out of his grip but i'm quickly shut down by his strength. We finally make it under the waterfall and laughs start to escape my lips, he stays under the cold water for at least 10 seconds just to get on my nerves.