Two

Aurora Augustine

Aurora Augustine

You know what I think is crazy? How every single person has a different story and most of the time– those people have no control over who's writing it.

My entire life I had pre-planned everything in my head. I was a planner and not because I was genetically designed to be an organized human being– but because I wanted to plan due to the fact that I counted down the days until I was out.

I was now out of that house. I was out of that suffocating air and into the free hands of the happiest valley. Granted, I don't know why anyone called it the Happy Valley. I sure wasn't in Happy Valley last night when I was called a freak by an egotistical meathead that probably couldn't tell his dick apart from his balls.

I bet they were both in Happy Valley in their steamy little shower cubicle. It sure sounded like it. The way that I heard their hot breathing, her hands smacking the brick wall. All while I hid, waiting for the right moment to continue my shower.

I planned for a lot of things but never could I ever have planned for that.

The dorm room was quiet with only me inside of it. I was used to the silence. I grew up an only child, and had little to no friends. In fact, I've never had a sleepover nor had I had the chance to bring a friend over.

I never met the right kind of guy– the one you take home to Mom and Dad.

I never found the person that most people do in high school– and most importantly, I never found myself and with being here– I already felt this surge of self-awareness.

I was by myself.

He couldn't hold me back anymore.

I loved my father– but I am so much more than the little girl he locked in her tower at night and kept the key.

I received little to no sleep last night as I tossed and turned contemplating my entire decision to lie to my father. The anxiety of the unknowing would kill me these next four years. I was a planner, and I couldn't plan how this would end if my father were to figure out that I had lied to him.