𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

MAY NEUVILLETTE WANTERS BE NEUVI HAVERS

Authors note: Hello everyone! I'm still away on holidays, and unfortunately can't upload. I received so many notifications from votes and comments and it makes my day seeing that all of you enjoy my book so much. Going back on topic, since I can't upload, I have my friend log in and upload my work that I write overseas for me instead. If there is anything wrong with spelling, fonts and images, please leave a comment on them so that when I come back, I can fix it, or if my friend can, she'll fix the issue. If anyone wants to add me on Genshin btw, my uid is 836912368.

Enjoy the chapter~

"Y/N!!! WAKE UP!!" You heard Navia scream.

"Seriously Navia? Again?" You groaned, getting up from your bed. You saw another navy blue outfit on your bed and you slumped back into your comforter.

"Navia, I'm going to work, not a party!" You exclaimed, snuggling yourself deeper into your comforter.

"C'mon, it's not even THAT fancy." She pulled the comforter off of you and threw the outfit on you.

(Authors note: If you don't like it, please change it accordingly if you don't like it

(Authors note: If you don't like it, please change it accordingly if you don't like it.)

After reluctantly putting it on after many pesting minutes of Navia's nagging, you left the estate, making your way to Palais Mermonia. You found your way in Neuvillette's office, ready to start your duties as his records organiser.

"Y/n." You heard a voice from behind you. You saw Neuvillette holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Oh! Neuvillette! I didn't know you drank coffee." You greeted him.

"I don't. This is for you." He handed the cup to you and you gratefully accepted it. Soon after, Neuvillette handed you a pile of documents for you to organise.

"Now everything should be in alphabetical order, and it goes A-Z from left to right, got it?" You nodded and finished your coffee.

"Thank you for the coffee Monsieur." You put the cup in the bin and placed the files on his desk, reorganising them one at a time.

"y/n, I thought we both had agreed to drop the formalities." He wondered aloud.

"I just thought that in a professional environment, we should be acting professionally as well." You answered, placing one file away at a time.

"If you wish so, my dear." He murmured, heading off to his next upcoming case in the Opera Epiclese.

As the hours passed, you couldn't help but recall the tabloid's from last night. Although your memory was a little faint of what happened after dinner, you could still remember how he said that it would be discussed tomorrow.

You waited till he came back before you decided to ask him. "Neuvillette." You began cautiously.

'He is cute, just like a melusine.' You thought. 'Hold on, cute?! Y/n, no, stop it right now.'

He stopped writing and put his quill down, turning his full attention to you. "About that tabloid article... is it true that you might be a male Melusine?" You asked.

Neuvillette paused, his expression shifting subtly from a calm one to a slightly agitated one.

"It's a complex matter, Y/n." He replied, choosing his words carefully. He picked up his quill again and continued writing.

"So you are one?" You asked, a mix of curiosity and frustration in your voice. Neuvillette sighed and put the quill away and leaned back in his chair.

"Y/n, this is a very sensitive topic and I don't believe that it should be discussed. Return to your work immediately or I will have to remove you." He snapped. You has more questions to ask, but his demeanor was intimidating enough to dissuade further questioning.

"But why can't you tell me?" You questioned.

"Why don't you shut the fuck up and mind your own fucking business." He answered, glaring at you. He returned to work and for the rest of the day, you focused on your work, carefully avoiding interactions with him in case he snapped at you again. Soon, it was time for lunch, and you already finished the pile that Neuvillette gave you.

"Where are you going?" He asked as you tried to leave his office.

"To go get lunch." You answered quickly, not turning around to see his expression. You left his office and found Navia in the waiting room.

"Navia!" You smiled, pulling her in a tight hug. "Do you want to get lunch now?"

"Yes, I'm actually about to die of starvation. But first, before I die, please tell me any interesting things that have happened in his office today." She gently nudged you in the ribs with a smug grin on her face.

"Nothing, really. Honestly, today wasn't the best day." You sighed. "Remember how I saw a tabloid talking about he might be a melusine? Well, when I asked him about it, he snapped at me and said I would be fired if I didn't stop. So that must mean.."

"He is a melusine! If he wasn't, he would have most likely told you." Navia concluded. "I thought melusines were all female though."

"Well, his name does end in -ette, so he has to be one." You agreed with her. After you finished your lunch with Navia, which included a lot of fangirling and shipping from Navia, you headed back to Palais Mermonia to resume work.

As the clock neared 5 pm, signaling the end of the workday, it began raining. You stood by the door watching as the rain fell harder, showing no sign of stopping.

"The weather forecast is a lie." You sighed. You decided to head back to Neuvillette's office, planning to check up on him and asking if he had an umbrella.

To your surprise, you found him staring outside the window, constantly sighed. With every breath he exhaled, the rain only continued to relentlessly pour over Fontaine. You approached him cautiously, unsure what happened.

"Neuvillette, what's wrong?" You asked him gently. He looked up at you, his eye glossy.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I never meant for you to see me like this."

The sight of the usually composed Chief Justice in such distress tugged at your heartstrings. Without hesitation, you moved closer and hugged him the entire time, gently stroking his hair.

"It's okay to cry. You don't have to tell me what it is, just know that we can fix it together if you wish." As you consoled him, the rain outside began to stop.

"This actually reminds me of the hydro dragon song." You smiled, trying to cheer him up. He snuggled deeper into your arms, making you chuckle.

"You're actually a softie, Neuvillette." You buried your face in his hair, breathing in the light scent of cologne.

"Hmm, what do you mean?" He asked, his voice muffled.

"You look like you can and will beat me up, but you are actually so gentle and kind once people get to know you more." You rambled. He tilted his head up to look into your eyes.

"Really?" He murmured, his face leaning closer to yours.

"Would I lie?" You leaned closer as well. His lips were just barely grazing yours, literally you and Neuvillette were about to kiss, when there was a loud knock on his door.

"Monseuir Neuvillette?" A familiar voice called. He instantly moved his body away from you and quickly composed himself.

"Please come in, Lady Furina."