𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰

"Ughh, boring! When are we finally going to see a real twist for once?" Lady Furina's exasperated sigh echoed in the grand hall of the Opera Epiclese. You were a speculator in the Opera Epiclese, and you were watching an ongoing case. Lady Furina looked really bored and wanted to end this case as quickly as possible, but the defendant was being particularly difficult.

"Apparently, he was also a sex offender!" A hushed whisper buzzed behind you.

"I hope they get their punishment. They deserve it." Another voice chimed in.

"Hey y/n!" A familiar voice rang out behind you. You turned to see Navia in her signature flowy yellow dress adorned with elaborate lace and a black straw hat.

"Look! I got a new hat!" Navia grinned, showing off her hat and sitting in the spare seat next to you, with Melus and Silver taking a seat nearby.

"Miss, I must ask you to show respect for the ongoing legal proceedings and maintain a quiet demeanour." Neuvillette's stern gaze swept over the two of you.

"Apologies, your honour." You murmured.

"Oh shut up you old man." Navia muttered and you let a suppressed giggle escape your lips. "Anyways, what have I missed?" Navia asked you.

"Basically nothing." You replied in a hushed voice.

"Then how about we leave for a bit? Since there are a lot of people here, the shops will be basically empty." Navia suggested with a mischievous glint.

"Alright, but what are you buying this time?" You inquired, a smile tugging at your lips.

"Another hat, of course!" Navia declared and you shook your head while smiling at her response.

"Miss, if I have to ask you again, I will have the Gardes remove you from the court immediately." Neuvillette stared down at the two of you.

"Fine! We were about to leave ourselves anyway!" Navia walked out, dragging you along with Melus and Silver behind you.

"Navia! You have to be careful! What if he presses charges or something?!" You warned.

"Oh calm down y/n! You're no fun." She walked out of the Opera Epiclese and began walking through the streets with you.

"Demoiselle, are you sure this fits in the Spina di Rosula expenses?" Melus asked.

"Yes I'm sure!" She says, walking towards one of the nearby boutique shops to admire a hat. "I think I want to add this hat to my hat collection." She pointed at a black elegant floppy hat with white lace and yellow roses.

"Isn't that the same as your hat that you are wearing right now?" You asked.

"No, it's different! You see, this one is bigger!" She pointed to the one in the shop.

"Whatever you say." You chuckled as she enthusiastically entered the shop.

"Hello! Can I have the black hat that's on the display window?" She asked.

"Sure, that would be 100 mora." The shopkeeper said, getting the hat from the window. Silver got the mora from one of his pockets and paid for the hat.

"Thank you!" Navia smiled, putting on the new hat. She handed her old hat to Melus, and continued to look around.

"Navia, that hat was only 100 mora. That's really cheap and you might want to check the condition of the hat. It might not be made of the best quality materials." You suggested.

"That's true, but it fits inside my monthly expenses." She adjusted her hat slightly. You sighed and ran into a bigger boutique and got her a similar hat.