Chapter IV: Part II - The Tree

"Try it! Look!" Taylor sprinted across the long stretch of grass outside the farm house - just outside the city limits; a place where the cab driver had received an extra twenty dollar bill for his 'troubles,' in accompanying the two love birds towards.

Taylor grasped at the stars in the sky as if she was trying to hold onto them for a moment's time; catch them; and bring them home for dinner: for Chris and herself.

Chris followed en step, and laughed; as he did so - mimicking the movements of Taylor. He was attempting to enjoy himself, for once in his god given years as a human on Earth.

Chris tripped, and fell onto the grass; continuing his fit of laughter, "Man! This is so stupid!" He said to Taylor.

Taylor laughed and joined him on the grass; laying next to his warm body.

"You're stupid! Stupid face!" She said to him.

There was a short moment of silence in which Chris gave her a dead-eye serious looking expression; in which Taylor felt mournful for her words; quickly releasing the tension with another fit of laughter.

"You're the stupid-est!" Chris replied.

Taylor began giggling and stared up at the night sky.

Both of them did.

"Hey, Taylor: do you think there's aliens up there?"

"Aliens? Did you know that there's a Tesla roadster up there, somewhere?"

"What!?" Chris sounded shocked, but continued laughing.

"Did you think there's a planet up there: where there's no hate, no war: only love?" Taylor asked him.

"I don't know. Maybe. If there is: do you think-"

"That we can finish each other's sentences!?" Taylor said; interrupting him.

"I mean: like - do you think they can.. see us?"

Then: the laughing ceased; as both of them continue to lay on their backs staring up at the night sky.

"I don't think they can only see us, Chris. I think they can hear us too."

Chris stood up; quickly and shouted,

"I love Taylor Alison Swift!"

Taylor started laughing, once more.

"Stop it, Chris!" "Never! I'll scream it from the top of the Empire State Building if that's what it takes! The whole universe needs to hear!"

"Chris.. I thought that - I thought that maybe: you were kidding when you said I was your soulmate-"

"Now: that's - not - a joke-"

"I wanted to make sure. That's why I came to Edmonton before my concert,"

Chris pulled Taylor up from off her feet, and held her hands in his, "You're my whiskey: strong, comforting, sometimes if I have too much I get sick of it; real quick-"

Chris smiled, while Taylor let out a guffaw.

"But when the night is over, and when all is said and done: you'll always be there for me when times get tough. When: when I haven't had enough."

Taylor teared up,

"Don't cry-"

"Chris - don't say that-"

Chris held Taylor close to him; and the two embraced.

A shooting star flew across the sky, overhead and Taylor noticed it.

"Make a wish," she said to him.

He stared at her: then kissed her on the lips for what seemed to last into the morning.