Stranger Walking

Y/n: What's that noise? Is it morning already? Why am I in a coffin? Did I die?

???: "I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me... Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton! Try this on for size! Mya-ha!"

Y/n: "Your fire won't hurt me."

Y/n turns on her human disguise.

???: "Now to grab the goods...What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!"

Y/n: A magicical cat-like monster... "OOOO! Floating coffins!"

???: "Oh-ho! You got a lotta nerve ignoring me, human! The name's Grim. Believe me, you won't forget it! Now gimme your uniform, and be quick about it! 'Cause if you don't...you're gonna regret it!"

Y/n: "Quiet. I have a raging hangover."

Y/n walks off while Grim rages.

Y/n: "A library?"

Grim: "Foolish human! Did you really think you could slip away from ME? Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that— Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?"

???: "Consider it tough love. Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students? My, were you ever eager to make your debut. And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules."

Y/n: "I'm not allowed to have pets."

Grim: "As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!"

???: "Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?"

Grim: "Mmmrph!"

???: "Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it. Does the very notion of patience elude you? No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber."

Y/n: "Student?" I'm either too hungover or high for this. I don't remember sneaking out to a party last night though.

???: "You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not? All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. Although, typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up."

Y/n: "The coffins were just gateways?"

???: "The design is intended to symbolize a parting with your former world and a rebirth into a new one. But now is not the time for such prattle. You've a student orientation to attend! Go on, now. Make haste."

Y/n: "Where am I?"

???: "Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness? Well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless."

???: *Ahem* "This is Night Raven College

???: *Ahem* "This is Night Raven College. It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage."

Y/n: "Magic Acadamey?"

Crowley: "Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college. Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those "gates," which can appear anywhere."

Crowley: "A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you

Crowley: "A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you."

Y/n: "Oh, the horses

Y/n: "Oh, the horses." I'm pretty sure I saw one of the imps trying to steal one.

Crowley: "That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror. It too bears a gate that connects to this campus. And as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition."

Y/n: "So this carriage dragged me here against my will? Isn't that kidnapping?"

Grim: "Mmfff! Mmmmmmfff!"

Crowley: "Now, let us attend to your orientation."