Chapter 3

"That's a Statue of the Seven." Paimon said as she pointed at the statue.

"There are a few of these statues scattered across the land to show The Sevens protection over the world. Among the Seven gods, this God controls the wind. Paimon's not sure whether the god you're looking for is the Anemo God, but... Paimon will take you to the Anemo God's place first and there's a reason why—" Paimon said as she started to fly again.

The two looked at each other and then started to run after her.

"As we all know, poetry and language flow like the wind... There'll definitely be someone there who knows about your sister. At least, that's what Paimon thinks. Whether the gods actually answer you is a different story. You never know until you try. So let's hop to it." Paimon said as she flew while the two followed behind.

"So that is showing Barbatos?" Lumine asked them as they were walking.

"Yeah. It's a depiction of Barbatos but you'll see the giant statue in Mondstadt when we get there." Senji said with a smile.

"Giant statue?" Lumine asked confused.

"You mean Mondstadt has a giant statue of Barbatos?" Lumine asked Senji surprised.

"Yeah. If I remember correctly it was erected a thousand years after Barbatos helped the people in ousting the aristocratic families from Mondstadt." Senji said with a smile.

"Wait what?" The people from outside Mondstadt said surprised.

"What do you mean?" Ayaka asked him surprised.

"A thousand years ago the nobles of Mondstadt ruled over the nation. Of course, they were tyrannical in their rule and Barbatos appeared. He helped a gladiator by the name of Vanessa to rise against the aristocracy and helped her in defeating them. After that Vanessa and the common folk exiled every single noble clan from the city as she established the Knights of Favonius." Senji said as he remembered what he knows about the city.

"So Mondstadt doesn't have any nobles?" An Inazuman said shocked alongside the rest of their nation.

To their nation, noble families are very important so hearing that Mondstadters had exiled their noble clans was a shocking fact to them. It was also a surprise to the other nations as well.

"No really. There are noble clans left, one is the Gunnhildr clan which the current acting grandmaster of the knights, Jean belongs to. The other is the Ragnvindr clan, which the wine tycoon of Mondstadt Master Diluc belongs to." Senji said as he looked at the mentioned two.

"Of course, we don't have much power over the people. As far as our families were concerned, our duties were the protection of Mondstadt. Not ruling them." Jean said dutifully as Diluc gave a silent nod.

"Hmph. Yeah right." A Lawrence clan member said with a frown.

"Oh shit it old man. Why don't you take that stick out of your ass and see the truth? The days of the Mondstadt aristocracy are already over. You're all doing nothing more than obsessing over something that will never happen." Senji said with an eye roll.

"You dare!" The older Lawrence clan members shouted at once when they heard him.

"Alright shut it! I have no time to humour your pointless banter." Lugia shouted at the members causing them to flinch as they felt a pressure on them before they sat on their seats.

"Yeah. I was surprised when I first saw it and I'm sure you would too." Senji said to her with a smile.

"Right. Is there any way to meet with the Anemo Archon?" Lumine asked him as they were slowly nearing the lake with statue.