Chapter 9: Life is Cruel

"I swear you and Evan are gonna love this painting I'm doing for you two." Amelia beams

"Anything you touch turns to gold Amelia." Sarai said

"You are the absolute greatest Sarai, even though I am still learning about painting, you make it so much easier to just paint and not worry about anything."

"I'm happy to help you out in anyway. I also have a favor from you if you don't mind helping me out with something."

"Of course girlfriend, you know I'll help you with anything, what's up?"

"I don't want to be intrusive and overstep my boundaries or anything but I want to know more about your grandma Jessica."

"What do you want to know about her for?"

"Yesterday your mom was crying and I asked Evan what was wrong with her and he said it was because of Jessica and then he went on to say other mean things that I won't repeat."

"This is Evan we're talking about, I can only imagine what he said in regards to that woman."

"What can you tell me about her?"

"Everything you've heard about her so far is true, she's that plus more."

"Did you ever meet her?"

"Yeah a few times, and when I did I always cried and even begged mom not to bring me around. Although she never did anything bad to me, she gave off evil vibes and the way she would look at you, she would stare into your soul and no doubt she knew I was afraid of her and it would delight her as she put up the sweet and innocent front to get me away from mom.
Come to grandma my adorable angel, you know I won't hurt grandma's baby. Then mom would give the encouraging pat on the back and tell me it's okay and then is when I would go towards her and she would pick me up and sit me in her lap."

"Had she ever been mean to your mom in front of you?"

"Technically no."

"What does that mean?"

"Grandma would never yell or act anyway physical towards mom in front of us, she used manipulation and back then we didn't know what it was but I know for myself mom would act completely different around grandma. That was the first time I had ever saw mom look petrified in her life and I remember this vividly mom accidentally dropped a tea cup and of course the tea went all over the floor, you would've thought she had killed somebody she was on the verge of tears trying desperately to clean up the mess and then grandma walks in and what was once my intelligent, beautiful mother has been instantly reduced to a babbling mess.
She horribly stuttered and even her hands were shaking in fear as she apologized. Grandma didn't say anything at first and just looked at her and meanwhile I was standing next to mom comforting her and telling her that it was an accident and you didn't mean to do it. Grandma reached out and took my hand as mom quickly cowered away in fear, "No worries my love bug, you'll make mommy proud."
It's a good thing she's not around anymore, she'd make your life miserable."

"Are you enjoying Paris?" Trinity asked Sarai

"Yes ma'am I am, I'll never forget this moment. It's such a beautiful place to be and even perfect place to start our journey to marriage."

"Indeed, I sometimes miss living here because it's so beautiful."

"May I ask you something?"

"Of course darling you can ask me anything."

"Was your mother really that bad to you? I don't deny the stories I've heard of her and no matter how many times I've heard about her I just can't help but wonder why, you're an amazing woman with a beautiful heart."