Chapter 10

All we heard was a loud thunderous growl emerge from the jungle. Owen made a facial expression showing he was not 100% certain what that was. We both had fear plastered on our faces. That was not a good sign at all. A large flock of birds headed out of that direction immediately. What were they afraid of? Owen got up when his walkie talkie started going off. It was all static like.

"I.....n...nee...d....he..." a voice on the other side yelled.

"What? We're are you!?" Owen yelled.
"R..route...32...c..containment..center..hurry!!!"

"On my way!" Owen yelled and hoped into a jeep. I jumped in with him and we drove off.

"We're route 32? It's not on the map!" I yelled.

"It's not supposed to be. It's were they keep the hybrid!"

No wonder. After only a few minuetes we arrived Owen got up and went into the trunk to grab a rifle and a few tranquilizer darts. They weren't the simple ones but the really heavy dose kind. One to make at least a herd of elephants fall asleep for a few days.

"What's that for? "

"It's case she doesn't want to work with us today." He said filling the rifle up.

As i watched him we heard a soul- deep scream on the other side of the large concrete wall. Owen was the first to act and ran in the small doors and i followed. I was soon met by the wild plant life in the containment area. It was extremely beautiful. As i looked around Owen grabbed my hand and dragged me to where we heard the scream.

But everything seemed quiet. It didn't seem right. Owen was extremely shocked at how quiet this place was. How could something so large make such little noise? In the small distance where not much grass grew a man missing his lower half was laying. He was gasping for air and saw us. He had dark curly hair and seemed alittle Hispanic.

"Hey! Hey you over there help m-"

All of a sudden in a flash of light something gigantic grabbed him and swallowed him whole. I screamed but Owen covered my mouth. He made a Shhh sound and looked around. I stepped away from him and looked at where the man was grabbed. There was alot of blood here. Even if we did get to him he wouldn't have made it.

I followed the trail of blood until in a clearing i saw the hybrid. I gasped at the height of this creature. She was 40 ft tall!!!

She was practically all white and had a lot of spikes growing up her back. She had a long tail and an extremely large head. Her arms were quite long considering most of the T- Rex family had short arms. It looked like she was still swallowing what she picked up before Owen pointed his rifle at her and began to shoot.

She cried out and made a large roaring sound before turning around to see who shot her. I gasped when i saw her eyes. They looked soulless. Dr. Jeen had been right. It was almost as if she was the devil herself. Her eyed had a bright yellow glow but had no fire like the others. What in the world were these people thinking?

She began to run at us and we ran in different directions. I could hear Owen yell and tell me to run. I thought she would follow him but she instead went after me. What the hell is everyone's problem?! Why try killing me!!!???

There was no way possible i could get away unless I had a jeep of some sort and clearly I do not have one on hand. I could see a small cave and i ran inside of it. The sound of footsteps had stopped making me wonder where did she go? I began to crawl my way out until she stuck her head in and was trying to grab me. He teeth were the size of large rocks and her claws extremely sharp. I screamed and kicked me way away from her.

I even grabbed a few rocks and threw them at her.

"Hey over here!!" A voice yelled.

She seemed to have gotten their attention and gun shots went off. Not long after she began to fall. The last thing I saw was her eyes before i blacked out.

*****************

"Come on liv wake up." Owens voice echoed in my ears.

"Huh?" I said tiredly, rubbing my eyes.

"Thank god your ok!" He said giving me a giant bear hug.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked trying to think about what happened after she was shot.

"After we got her asleep i found you in a cave sleeping. You seemed to have blacked out."

"Yea I suppose. "

He began to rub the back if his neck.

"It seems that some one did send a guy after you. But we can't find him."

I opened my mouth to say something like 'oh jasmine took care of it.' But I didn't want her to be accountable for yet another death.

"jasmine protected me from that man and he must have been scared off." I said keeping my voice calm.

But inwardly i was freaking out. What if he didn't buy my story.

"Jasmine saved you?"

"Yea she protected me. Almost as if i was her family." I said smiling.

I was her new family now. And no matter what I'll take care of her too. Owen smiled.

"I'm glad she saved you. Maybe she has had a change of heart because of you." He said smirking

I giggled and tried to move.

"Oh no you need bed rest. Doctors orders"

"Ugh fine just check on leo for me and be check on Jasmine"

He nodded and left. I actually went to sleep smiling knowing I have people here who care about me.

*** ok I really did try to keep this a good story and I hope you all enjoy this. I made sure jasmine got mentioned to Owen so he doesn't think of her as a cold hearted killer any more. Still thank you all for reading my book. I really appreciate it.****