Chapter 13

Ugh the nerve of that man! I hated to think about him being with another girl. I just confessed that I felt things for him and he didn't even bother to say anything. I wiped my tears angerly and hoped in a jeep. I just needed time to cool off is all. I kept telling myself to take deep breaths. I wasn't going to be the little cry baby no more.

If he didn't feel the same way then fine. I'll just be cold and heartless. That's how he wanted me from day one anyway. But deep down I knew I couldn't just lock my self out for the world. It was inevitable. I'm just that kind of person who loves to make people happy. I just needed to see jasmine for a while.

When i arrived to the arena there she was just watching the other female velociraptor's play with the younger females. I smiled and walked slowly towards her. I rembered my lesson from running around with jasmine. Sadly I'll have those scars for life. As i walked near her i stood next to her.

"I just need some one to talk to you jasmine." I said quietly making sure I didn't startle her.

She looked at me and gave me the 'what happened now?' Face and rubbed her head agaisnt my side. I sighed feeling free. She was the only thing here who understood me. She didn't think of me as a week child or some one who needed to be watched all the time. She thought of me as a friend. I giggled lightly and sat down on the grass with her just watching them play.

"I just hate how Owen plays with my feelings. He knows how i feel about him but he doesn't say anything. I just want him to tell me his answer. I wouldn't care if he told me no. I just hate it." I admitted.

She made a small growl in the back of her throat. Almost as if saying, 'he's a guy. He doesn't really talk about his feeling.' I hugged her lightly and smiled.

She always made me happy. Something loud made me jump from my daze. It most definitely came from the sky. What was that?! It was like a roar almost. Then came screams from people. Jasmine was the first to react and made a loud hissing noise. She looked directly towards a tower nearby where a guard was shooting at a pterodactyl. The giant flying dinosaur first appeared in the late Triassic period and roamed the skies until the end of the Cretaceous (228 to 66 million years ago). It had a wingspan of 9 to 20 ft long! It practically ripped the man apart with its beak.

How did that break out?! His screams still filled my ears. Soon more of them followed the first one, carrying a few bodies with them. Those people were clutched tightly to the creatures and flew off with them. They were all once living people now....there just corpses. Some were adults and some were children.

Jasmine looked at her group and made an ear piercing cry. There are no words to describe the sound. I fell to the ground covering my ears amd shut my eyes. It was starting to give me a head ache. Ugh what is she doing?! When it stopped more velociraptor's surrounded us, hissing at me. They didn't seem like the trained ones and looked at me as if i was only food to them.

One tried to get closer to me but jasmine stepped in front of me. She was guarding me from this new adult female. Soon the sounds of angry dinosaurs and people screaming came close. People were running down paths to only be trampled by the large creatures. Jasmine and her group ran, leaving me sitting on the ground scared to death.

The first thing that came to my mind was Leo. I needed to get to him. I bolted my way to the nursery area to find him still happily playing with the babies. It still looked intact as if the news and death hasn't even popped up here. Dr. Jeen seemed to be looking at something in the telescope when i rushed inside and bolted the doors.

"What are you doing Olivia?!" He asked hurriedly.

"The dinosaurs have escaped and are attacking people!"

"What?! They shouldn't be doing that! They have been trained. Only a-" He said but abruptly stopped.

His expression chanced from confused to horrified. Something popped up in that giant brain of his and he quickly began to lock the doors and pack things up.

"As soon as they calm down we need to leave. Hopefully after this all settles down there should be a boat. Maybe we-"

"What are you talking about?! We need to help the others!" I yelled at him.

"I've been through something like this. These creatures are smarter than we think. We basically made a creature x 10 smarter than an average human! This wasn't out of coincidence Olivia. This was planned!" He exclaimed.

"What? Did some one do this?! "

"No not some one that wanted our company to fail. Something would be more like it."

Was he talking about the hybrid? Sure she was smart but it's impossible for her to be able to pull of an attack like this! I mean come on. Would it be possible though?

"The hybrid planned this?" I asked silently.

He nodded slowly before he continued to pack. We were basically stuck here until this all calms down. What about the other people here? What if people come here for refuge? Would we let them in???

There were some nurses here but even they didn't know what was going on. After a while Dr. Jeen explained to them the horrific details they seemed to have lost everything they believed in. We needed to get to certain parts of the island to save things like files and documents. We agreed to take the babies with us. Or at least the ones who had hatched.

Leo was to be with me at all times. As it turned nighttime and the others slept on the floor with blown up mattresses i could still hear the screams of people outside. We bared up the doors and windows to ensure we will be alright. The babies were placed in their artificial nests to keep warm.

All I could think about was Owen. Sure even if he was being an ass i still cared about him. What was he up to right now? Was he even alive? All year questions kept going around in my head and soon before i knew it sleep took its course and I was in complete darkness.

****so how was it? I made sure she wouldn't cry this time. I hope it was an ok chapter. Thank you all for reading my books. I really appreciate it.***