Chapter 3

This could not be happening!!! I didn't know Owen was the head trainer of the facility! My heart kept pumping faster and faster in my chest. He held his arms out towards the female velociraptor's. They hissed at him and showed their long sharp teeth at him.

Their skin was like a leather. It had many small creases and it's colors were either grey or red. There was at least four of them surrounding him and he remained completely calm. what the hell is going on in his mind?! The velociraptor's were at least 6 ft tall and even a full grown adult was 150 pounds!
They're eyes are what always scarred the hell out of me. Just a giant circle with a long straight line in the middle. They never were afraid of anything.

He held his hands out in front of them looking at them in the eyes.

"Calm down girls." He would soothe them.

As i watched this in absolute horror, something clicked in my mind. He was trying to keep them calm and show them he was no threat. This technique was absolutely brilliant! Why hadn't i seen this before? It was one of the few reasons why the other older parks couldn't keep the dinosaurs in containment or even try to keep them calm when they were scared.

Owen constantly moved his stance looking at each and every one of the
velociraptor's. They were highly intelligent and i suppose they could possibly understand human sign movements. Soon they began to calm down and stare at him. They stopped barring their teeth, and watched him contently. It was almost as if they were smiling.

He walked up to on of them and placed his hand firmly onto a females head. She closed her eyes and rubbed her head back and forth like how a dog would when seeking attention. It was actually adorable. I made a small giggle and it caught Owens attention. He looked straight at me and smiled.

The velociraptor's walked away and went to play around with each other and drinking water from a pond. Owen wiped his hands on a handkerchief and smiled getting closer to me.

"So this is what you were talking about on the plane huh liv? "

"Yea." I sorta mumbled trying to hide my embarrassment.

He chuckled then looked at Jake. His smile turned into a frown almost instantly.

"Corporal Jake. How nice of you to bring Ms. Woods here." Owen said smirking.

He probably knew Jake more because that really got him mad. His hands clenched to his sides and his chest puffed more and more air in and out.

"It was an order. Besides I don't think she'll last that long any way."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. She's very determined to do well." Owen said proudly.

"What ever. "

Just when I was about to walk closer to Owen my arm was grabbed tightly. I whimpered at the harshness of a hand gripping my arm. I was forced to look deeply into a pair of eyes that showed no remorse for what he would or had done.

His brown eyes scanned my hazel eyes almost as if searching for something.

"If this doesn't work out for you, i got a job you might be interested in" He said smirking.

Owen grabbed his arm off of me and looked at Jake.

"Back off!"

I stepped backwards witnessing a heated argument. As i slowly backed up I hit something hard yet flesh like. I felt my heart beat stop and my blood run cold. Please don't be what I think you are! I pleaded silently. As i turned slowly i gasped seeing a velociraptor right in front of me.

I fell back wards on my butt and looked up in pure horror. They didn't notice what was going on at all and I silently prayed that Owen would turn around. The velociraptor leaned in closely. I was only a few centimeters away from her head and I could hear it's breathing. It was almost a mixed color of red and grey.

It went next to my face and I shut my eyes. I felt tears fall down my face because this could be my death. I didn't want to die yet. The dinosaur sniffed me over and over again as of trying to identify me as and person.

It stood up straight and looked at me. Did it think I was a good person? Or was she leaving me for dinner? Either way she made a loud noise catching the other velociraptor's attention and Owens. He looked at me suprised and back at her. She gave me one last smell and left to go with her group.

I didn't know how to react. She basically in her own way told me I was of no danger or threat to her or her group. I smiled. This was turning out nicer than I expected.

"Olivia! Are you alright? I didn't see what happened i-.....are you ok?"

"Yea. She just scared me that's all." I said reassuringly.

He helped me back up and grabbed my bags. We walked inside the small facility building outside the arena. It was actually quite cozy. He led me down a hall way and opened a wooden door. I gasped . It was really beautiful. The room was a cream color and the bed was gigantic. There was a giant painting of dinosaurs and i smirked.

There was Auburn colored tables and a wardrobe. It was actually really nice and a nice view of the park. This was lovely.

"I'll let you settle in and later I'll come and pick you up ok? "

"Yes." I said rubbing my neck.

He smiled and left. Well this will be an interesting job..