Chapter 39 : Dragon Island

Valerie sat next to Mingi who already started eating, she had no appetite "you should eat if you want to keep searching for the dragons island" Hongjoong told her eating from his plate "that if it actually existed" she sighed grabbing a spoon and eating from her rice bowl "I'm sure it does, just like how your island exists" San tried to cheer her up "but, neither the map nor the compass are showing any clue about them" she whined "and the books in that library only made it worse" Seonghwa sighed disappointed "did you try controlling your powers?" Jongho asked grabbing a piece of meat from San's plate without him noticing "how can you control something you don't know" she told him pouring some soup "well, why don't Yeosang help you?" Mingi suggested "and fly towards the kitchen door again? No thank you" Jongho said feeling sorry for the door "it won't hurt to try" Wooyoung said with a mouthful of food "it would hurt this weak door" Jongho pointed at the door "hey, where is my meat?" San asked looking at his empty plate "how are we supposed to know? You probably ate all of it" Yunho told him not bothered that everyone ate from San's plate.

Valerie sighed tiredly, and when she was about to stand up, the ship started shaking, getting everyone on guard "what is happening?!!" Mingi said in a loud voice "are we under attack?!!" San shouted and Hongjoong ran and opened the kitchen door, there was no one attacking the ship, the crew ran towards the main deck following Hongjoong "we are leaving this island immediately, it might be an earthquake!!" He ordered everyone "Aye Captain!!!" They shouted in sync.

Mingi lifted the anchor, Wooyoung and San unfold the sails of the main mast, and Seonghwa and Jongho unfold the fore mast, Valerie and Yeosang went to the quarterdeck, Valerie opened her compass to guide him, only to find the black arrow turning around like crazy "what's wrong?" Yeosang asked her "it looks like its broken" she looked at him worriedly "let's just move the ship for now" Yeosang told her, and when he was about to turn the helm, the ship stopped shaking, surprising the crew.

"Is it over?" San questioned landing on the main deck from the crow nest "hope so" Hongjoong said checking on his crew "Captain!!! It looks like the helm is broken!!" Yeosang informed them from the quarterdeck, leaning on the rails, Hongjoong frowned at the sudden information "it looks like we are stuck" Seonghwa moved next to Hongjoong, the crew is completely overwhelmed about the whole situation they are in.

Hongjoong had a bad feeling about this situation, he closed his eyes to think when suddenly.

They found themselves in a black void "what just happened?" Wooyoung panicked and so did the crew "are we in the Realm Inbetweene?" Hongjoong asked Valerie who is next to Yunho "no, the Realm Inbetweene has spot lights in its sky, but this" she said walking to the railings and looking down, there is nothing under the ship, it's floating in the middle of nowhere, Valerie looked at her crew terrified "there's nothing under us" the crew ran to the railings and looked down, Seonghwa fell on his back away from the railings terrified, the crew was completely terrified now "Valerie, go bring that magical book you have, now" Hongjoong ordered trying to keep his composer in front of his crew and she ran to her cabin.

Valerie found the book opened on the desk, she was sure she left it close when she left the room, she picked it up to find two words in the middle of the page 'Mushussu Island' she tried to flip the pages, but they all had the same two words.

Valerie walked to her crew holding the book open in her arms "what's wrong?" Hongjoong asked not understanding her emotions "look" she handed the book to him and the crew circled around him, he flipped through the pages multiple times, but nothing changed, he closed the book furiously and gave it back to Valerie, she noticed the change in the symbol.

"It changed" she whispered "what changed?" Wooyoung asked curiously "the symbol, it was a sun, now, it's a dragon" she held the book in front of them to see "it's getting more and more confusing" Mingi grunted annoyed "Yeosang, show me the map" Hongjoong ordered and gave it to Hongjoong, he opened it to find it empty.