Chapter 12 : Fever

Everybody was awake by the dawn and getting ready for the sail and Valerie was still awake from last night.

She noticed Jongho pulling the anchor and placing it at the edge so they can start the sail, on the other hand, Seonghwa and Wooyoung were opening the sails of the fore mast.

She decided to get down and head towards the quarter deck where Yeosang is, she held a rope and got down landing on her feet and stormed to the quarter deck to find Yeosang looking at the map.

There were dark marks under his eyes, which was a sign that he didn't sleep "good morning" Valerie greeted him "good morning" he answered sleepy and tired "did you get any sleep?" She asked "no, I was looking for informations about the Bluebird island but found nothing" he said sulking at the map "it's fine, since the map shows that it's the safe path, then probably there's nothing dangerous there" Valerie assured him and went towards the helm and stood in front it, waiting for Yeosang instructions so they can start sailing.

After the sun started rising, the crew was already ready for the sail. Hongjoong came out of his cabin and greeted his crew then headed to the quarter deck "are you ready?" He asked cheerfully "Aye captain" answered Valerie and Yeosang in unison "then, towards Bluebird island!!" He announced and his crew all shouted in excitement.

San and Yunho opened the sails, while Seonghwa and Jongho moved some barrels from the main deck to under the main deck and Mingi went towards the quarter deck to check on Yeosang and Valerie, while Hongjoong went back to his cabin.

After a couple of minutes, the ship started sailing in a normal pace towards the East.

The weather is calm and no warning clouds in the sky "it's calm, the ocean" Yeosang said half asleep "you can go and have some sleep, if anything changes, we'll wake you" Mingi suggested standing next to Valerie "are you sure?" He asked doubtful "yeah, don't worry, I know how to sail" Valerie assured him "I'll leave the ship in your hands then" he said giving the map to Mingi and went to his cabin to sleep.

The ship is now filled with shouting and chaos, Jongho is running after Wooyoung, and Seonghwa is trying to stop them while Yunho and San are having a climbing contest "you guys never stay still, don't you?" She sighed "it's normal that way, if the ship is calm, then there's something going to happen" he said looking at the map to check on their way again "despite the chaos down there, the ocean is pretty calm" Valerie pointed out "yeah, it is" he replied.

The wind became stronger and the waves started to rise gradually "Mingi, you take over the helm, I'll go call Yeosang" Valerie told him and jumped over the railings to the main deck and opened the door of Yeosang's cabin.

Yeosang room is a mess, with the maps and books all over the ground and the desk, she looked at her right and Yeosang was sleeping on his bed under the sheets "wake up!" She shouted startling him which made fall from the bed to the ground "there's a big storm coming in our way" she informed him and he immediately ran towards the main deck.

When he arrived at the quarter deck, Mingi was surprised by his look, he has bed hair and his clothes are a mess, like he was fighting in his sleep "Mingi give me the map" he told Mingi and he gave it to him.

Yeosang took the map and started looking at where they are, they swerved 30° to the left from where Yeosang left them, he face palmed himself and looked at both of them "I gave you one job and you couldn't stick to it" he scolded them in a calm voice "well, you told us to wake you up if there's any change in the weather, not if we swerved from the lane" she backed on him and he sighed "fine, turn the helm 30° towards the the right and tell the others to hold the sail firmly because it might tear up while we are changing the lane" he ordered Mingi, and he ran towards the main deck and started giving them orders.