~ Neteyam ~

Summary: You never fit in with the Na'vi, that was until you became close with Neteyam.

Word Count: 773

Type: fluff

Warnings: unedited work, shy reader,

Pairings: Neteyam x !fem! Reader

_______

You've never been good with friends.

After all the time, you guess there's just something about you that rubs others the wrong way, causing them to flee in the opposite direction quickly, before you can attempt to cling on to them.

Maybe that was it - maybe you came off too desperate, wanting just one friend who understood you completely, who would be by your side for all the good and bad. Maybe you were seeking it too eagerly; maybe you just needed to let it happen gradually.

The closest you'd got to a friend was arguably Neteyam Sully, Toruk Makto's eldest son and future Olo'eyktan of the clan. But, the most you'd even really been was cordial with him, smiling and greeting one another in passing. Still, he was the only one who would meet your eye for longer than two seconds.

A part of your brain raged at you that it was just him being nice, just him wanting to make a good reputation for himself, seeing as he would be leading all of you when the time came later on down the line. And, that did make sense, but your optimistic side, the one that won out more often than not, told you he might secretly enjoy your company, that he didn't just think of you as another random Na'vi.

You kept that particular thought in your head every time you looked in his direction... more so now than ever that the gathering was in full swing.

So much was happening, you weren't entirely sure where to look - Na'vi were lingering within every corner of the surrounding area, each of them chattering away to their own family and friends, boisterous laughter spilling from them until you couldn't even hear yourself think.

aking your way around people, trying your best to not bump into anyone and apologising to those that you did, you let your eyes flicker around to whoever they did. Your parents had actively forced you further out into the open, hoping that by doing so, it might help you interact with more Na'vi that were your age. But, looking out at the sea of people now, you couldn't help but believe there was no worse idea than this one.

And, then, your eyes flew over him - Neteyam Sully. He's standing towards the edge of the entire crowd, all alone as his own gaze flickers across everyone. His arms are crossed over his chest, and his brows are pinched, eyes slightly lowered. Even from a distance, it's obvious he's not enjoying himself.

The stress and frustration is emitting from him, lingering within the air and filtering within your own system, until you feel like it's your job go to comfort him. Maybe this was the opening your parents had wanted for you - maybe you should take it with both hands and run with it.

So, with your heart on your sleeves as it pounded within its ribcage, excitement pounding within you at the thought of your offer you were going to give him, you made your way over to him.

He hadn't noticed you coming until you were stood just in front of him, a shaky smile on your lips in spite of your nerves. When he spotted you, you noticed his shoulder had relaxed a little, looking down upon you with a welcoming smile of his own. "Hey..."

"Hi," you spoke quickly, trying to muster the courage you needed for this next comment of yours, knowing it would definitely help him relax, "you didn't really looking like you're enjoying yourself..."

Neteyam chuckled at your words, shaking his head, but still looking fondly at you. "You could say that."

Swallowing deeply, you sent him another timid smile, fingers beginning to fiddle with one another and stepping closer to him, making sure only he could hear your next words. "Well," you started, "why don't you... use... me?" you paused, cringing, waiting for a reaction.

"I mean, you can take it out on me...talk to me?"

Your last sentence came out as more of a question, swallowing your heart in your throat. Just seconds away from deciding to turn back with your tail between your legs and embarrassment flushing your cheeks, he reached out for one of your hand. There was a new twinkle in his eyes now, one that definitely had your stomach doing leaps with butterfly's.

His hand gripping yours tighter he pulled you away from the group.

A/N: Hey everyone! Thank you for all the love, don't forget to check out my other books <3 more oneshots coming soon xxx