~Kiri~

Word count: 348

Summary: Youre swimming home when you come across a sad Kiri. When you comfort her you see there might be more to your friendship than you thought.

Type: Fluff

Pairings: Kiri x Matikaya reader

Warnings: unedited work, swimming, water

Notes: None except I love Kiri, it's a very short oneshot too

______________
SPENDING TIME TOGETHER

Growing closer to the pods, you glided through the water, itching for a goods nights rest after a day of teaching the Sully children the way of your people.

Resurfacing, you breathed in the night air and noticed the lone girl sitting by herself with her feet dipped into the water, all sorts of fish swimming around them.

"Hey Kiri." You greeted as you came closer to her. Reaching over and pulling yourself up to sit beside her. She merely glanced at you, let gun out a small hum to let you know she say you. Her tail which still remained a subject of curiosity to you, flicked beneath her and she slowly swung her legs back and forth.

"I'm sorry about my brother, he isn't usually this...difficult." You trailed off. Her golden eyes shifted from the water to your light blue hand. Her pinky twitching when she noticed how close both ur hands were to each other.

"He's right." She muttered. "I'm not like my people...or my family." She looked up at the twinkling stars in the night sky, her gaze softening slightly at the sight of them.

"I see you as unique." You admitted as she blinked and turned her head towards you. "I think you're more interesting than your brothers."

"You don't think I'm a freak?" Her eyes widened.

"Maybe a little." You teased lightly and she huffed. Though when she looked away she had a small smile tugging at her lips. You chuckled lightly bumping your shoulder against hers.

Sighing softly, you glanced back down at the water. "I should get going" before you could plunge back into the familiar water, five fingers suddenly wrapped around your arm.

"Could you maybe stay a little longer?"