~Kiri~

Word count: 3441k

Summary: Y/N has taken a liking to the new forest girl in her clan. Little does she know she feels the same way.

Pairings: Kiri x female reader

Warnings: Unedited work, Kiri and reader being head over heels for each other.

Type: Fluff

Notes: I hope the story makes sense I was half asleep making it :)

_________________

LOVE ME

Y/N can clearly recall the first time she caught sight of Kiri. She and Tsireya were looking for seashells when they heard the horn going off. Swimming back to the shore, she saw Ikrans landing on the sand.

While she wasn't terrified, she was certainly confused. Ikrans do not come here. Omaticaya and Metkayina do not cross each others paths.

People of the forest hopped off their Ikrans, and you saw a girl who looked your age stand close to what you assumed was her mother.

While Tsireya was being ogled by one of the young forest boys, you couldn't draw your eyes away from her.

A foreign feeling entangled itself in the pit of your belly as you watched Ronal point out what she deemed to be "flaws" in the girl.

You didn't even know her name but the urge to already protect her scratched at your being.

Y/n could only hope there'd be an encounter where she'd be able to learn more about the mysterious forest girl.

Little did she know that moment would come sooner than she would have thought.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

You observed Kiri with a tilt of your head as she glided through the water and the reefs as if it was second nature to her.

While the boys were battling with their own egos and learning how to ride Ilu's. Y/n and Tsireya decided that Tuk and Kiri could explore the water some more.

They'd done a few lessons at this point, their breathing improving. But Kiri was a true mystery to you. There was something otherworldly about her that you could not pinpoint.

It frustrated you to no end, the ocean had accepted her the moment she made contact with it. She had no issues with breathing, and now apparently even riding an Ilu!

Y/n's mouth gaped as she watched the Ilu nuzzle his head against Kiri's. In a blink of an eye, she'd made tsaheylu with the Ilu and started to ride him towards you.

Tsireya on her own Ilu turned to give Kiri and Tuk an encouraging smile. Y/n called for her Ilu, following them.

As they breezed through the ocean, all admiring the beauty surrounding them. But Y/n had already seen this more than her few fingers could count, so instead of admiring the scenery around her. Her eyes could not seem to stray away from Kiri's figure.

It seems she was enamored with the girl from the Omaticaya clan As she caught up to them all, Kiri looked at her - giving her a grin that could battle the beauty of the sea life surrounding them.

In just a mere moment, she felt like a floundering fish needing to surface for air. These are abundant feelings that have never occupied her life before.
Sure, she always knew she had a preference for girls rather than boys. But there hadn't been a situation handed to her where she had to confront such taboo concepts.