7 - Our Time (END)

"We're here!"

We were standing in front of a nice small restaurant named "Saul's Bistro". I had walked past this place before, but never gone into it. We sat down at a candle lit table near a balcony, overviewing the ocean.

"This place is.. magnificent!" I said.

"Just wait till you try the food!"

We both shared a small quiche, accompanied by one of the best burgers I had ever tried. And that's saying something! We both finished our food very quickly, and made our way to a small plaza next to the restaurant, also overviewing the ocean. The moonlight faintly reflected on the crystal waters, the serene ambiance with the street lights faintly illuminating the plaza. Evelyn and I just sat next to each other looking at the night sky, the stars, the moving waters, all so beautiful.

"How could today get any better than this," Evelyn said,  "Two days ago I would've never imagined I'd be here, with you, admiring this beautiful night."

"These last two days have been... Wonderful, just wonderful," I replied, "I never expected that my life could take such a wild turn out of the blue. One so wild, that I don't think there's ever going to be a way back, and I'm more than okay with that."

She suddenly pulled me towards her, and gave me a kiss. We looked into each other's eyes. Her eyes, the same eyes that changed my life. The same eyes that even now, 10 years later, I can still look into, and fall in love with all over again.

The day our eyes met for the first time, is one I will never forget.