5 - Evelyn

Once I finished, I made my way to Lucy's coffee shop.

"Great! You're here!" She greeted me, "Now come sit down, she'll be here in a moment, she's always running late."

"She? Who are you talking abo-"

*WACK* The door slammed open.

"I'm here!! Sorry I took so lo-"

It was her.

"O-oh umm, hi again!" She said,

"H-hello!" I replied.

The awkward silence after that was louder than any monster truck could ever be.

"Guys come on, I set you up like this and neither of you wants to make the first move?!"

We both couldn't get a word out, we just kept staring into each other's eyes. Eventually, I did speak up.

"I'm CJ by the way, what's your name?"

"O-oh, the name's Evelyn, pleasure to finally meet you!"

We sat down at one of the tables, and started talking and talking. We talked so much, the time started to fly. We had so much in common, we both watch a lot of the same shows, we read a lot of the same books, and we have a very similar sense of humor!

Eventually, Lucy came up to us.

"Alright you two lovebirds, I gotta close shop. I suggest you start heading home, it's raining out and it's getting quite late. But since you guys are in the outside deck, feel free to stick around if you want."

"Has it gotten that late already?!" Evelyn shouted.

"Yup, that's what happens when you talk with someone you like for the first time."

We both glanced at each other shyly, as if both of us wanted to stay for longer. Lucy waved us goodbye and drove off.

"We should probably get going too, don't you think?" Evelyn asked me.

"Yeah I think you're right. One small issue though, I didn't bring an umbrella, and I walked here." I replied.

"Well, so did I, and I also forgot an umbrella!" She exclaimed.

"Here, I have an idea." I said.

"Oh?"

I grabbed my coat and put it above both of our heads, and yelled, "Let's run for it!!"

We started running through the city streets, the sun was nearly gone, the lights were turning on, and a silver shine was stretching through the streets. Rain droplets were dipping and dapping on our coat, as we continued running ahead.

"Let's cut through the park!" Evelyn shouted.

We continued running, through the park's paths, the beautiful flower patches, and occasional bridges over tiny rivers. But amidst our attempt to rush through the park, we stumbled upon a small gazebo, painted with a mix of brown and white, covered with vines. So we decided to stay for a while. We stared at each other's eyes for a while, lost in each other's gaze, as everything around us began to fade out.

"I wish time would just stop," she sighed, "This has been... I can't even begin to describe what a wonderful experience this was."

I just smiled, and hugged her tightly.

"Promise me we'll see each other again.." She said,

"I promise." I said, hugging her once again.

We hugged each other goodbye and promised each other to meet again the next day. And with that, we each made our way home. I got home and went straight to bed, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the sun, the one to mark the beginning of tomorrow, and the one to allow me to see Evelyn once more.