1

"M/n! Yuichiro! You both have a letter from the Japan Football Union!" M/n's mother shouted out. She placed both letters on the table before walking to do her chores.

"What's this..?" Yuichiro asked confused.

Tokito M/N-sama

You've been selected for a special player training program

Those were the only words M/n could see

"I got invited to join some special player training.." M/n mumbled.
"Really? I got invited to join a special manager training" Yuichiro smiled at M/n
"Looks like we'll still be together!"

~•~•~•~

The twins both arrived at the Japan Football Union.
"Looks like that's my building ... don't get lost or start daydreaming M/n, alright? I'll see you" Yuichiro waved goodbye before walking to the building on the other side.
"Bye, brother..." M/n waved back before heading inside the building.

M/n opened the door to see a lot of high schoolers staring at him. M/n walked towards a corner before starting to dose off again.

Suddenly, the lights turned off and a voice started to speak
"Congratulations you unpolished lumps of talent"

'Unpolished?' M/n thought irritated by the slight insult.

"According to my personal judgment, the 300 of you are the best strikers under eighteen. My name is Jinpachi Ego, I was hired to give Japan a World Cup victory." Ego said with his arms out.

'A World Cup Victory...' M/n thought.

"I'll say this plainly, Only one thing is necessary for Japanese soccer to become the best in the world...The birth of a revolutionary striker"

"With the 300 of you here... I will conduct an experiment to create the world's best striker" Ego said using a remote to turn on the big screen.

"This is the facility created for that purpose...BLUE LOCK."

M/n started to blank out on the rest of the speech as he was getting bored, It wasn't until he realized people were running towards the big door that opened out of nowhere, he simply followed along.

'I wonder what Yuichiro's doing...' He thought.

~•~•~•~

M/n was one of the lucky ones who got on the bus first, he quickly went to the very back of the bus. He started to look at the clouds outside one last time before two kids sat next to him.

"These seats aren't taken, right?" the boy grinned.
"...No" M/n observed the two boys, one with purple hair and the other with white hair who seemed to be concentrating on his games.

"What's your name? My name is Mikage Reo, this is Nagi Seishiro." Reo introduced themselves.
"I'm...Tokito M/n" he replied

"Kinetsu Academy huh...that's a school that rivals ours!" Reo said observing M/n's uniform. "But you don't seem to be on their soccer team.."

"I'm in the middle school soccer team, I'm  14."

"14?! It means you are the youngest here!" Reo said with sparkles in his eyes.
"Your 14...?" Nagi said with a slight interest in the young boy.

The three players talked during the trip to Blue Lock, and unknowingly so, a friendship sparked between the three.

~•~•~•~

"Next... Tokito M/n"

M/n unwillingly passed his phone and wallet to the woman and received his uniform.

"252 V..." M/n said to no one and looked around to find Room V.

He opened the door to see 11 players inside staring at him.
"Am I the last one..?"

"Tokito! We're in the same group!" Reo said with excitement while Nagi nodded beside him.
"What am I supposed to do again?"
"You're supposed to change silly, let us help you!" Without warning Reo and Nagi helped M/n to change as he struggled to focus.

"Are you done changing, you unpolished gems?" a familiar voice spoke out from the speakers.
"Hi hi" Ego waved through the screen.

"The others in your room are both your roommates and rivals who are meant to push each other higher. I've used my personal judgment to quantify your abilities and rank you all, The number on your uniforms symbolizes your current rank."

'252... I'm lower than Nagi and Reo, and that dude is the highest with 241...' M/n thought to himself analyzing the situation.

"Now then, time for some tag. The time limit is 136 seconds if you get hit with the ball, you're 'it'. Whoever's 'it' when time runs out has to piss off back home. Oh, and also you can't use your hands" Ego explained as he disappeared from the screen.

A soccer ball dropped from the sky and landed on Nameoka.

"You guys will lose to me here and get sent back home!" he said as he kicked the ball toward Nagi and Reo, the two dodged the ball before it can hit them
M/n just stood at the side and started to daydream, not knowing what he should do.

Suddenly, the ball hit M/n's head making him fumble backwards. He looked to see the same guy called Nameoka smirking at him. M/n looked up at the screen to see there was 10 seconds left on the timer.

"Hey...you piece of shit" M/n said glaring at him and started to run towards him.

He jumped over the other players before spotting Zantetsu, who was the highest-ranking player, and kicked the ball towards him.Zantetsu noticed swiftly and dodged the incoming ball, instead Nameoka was the one who got hit.

BLUE LOCK entrance exam, "game of tag" Nameoka Ryo eliminated!

"A monster..."
"That's a crazy shot.."

"M/n! You're so good at this!" Reo held the boy up like a cat as he was shorter than him.
"Good job M/n" Nagi patted M/n's head with a proud face.

"Tokito M/n... how interesting" Ego mumbled behind the screen.