First Step

Eight months passed quickly for Y/N, he had trained his quirk and body to the max in preparation for the entrance exam. In this time he had become the strongest he had ever been, his quirk had grown much stronger and so had he. He had managed to train with some UA students and some of the teachers too. Y/N felt confident about the exam. He was ready.

- - - - - -

The day of the entrance exam was finally here, on the UA grounds stands a small cottage.

Inside the cottage is a neatly decorated home of Y/N L/N. Inside the bedroom, Y/N sprawls over the bed until a loud alarm blares from his, starling him awake.

Y/N groans and slaps his phone a few times until the alarm finally stops. The boy sighs and sits up, he rubs his eyes and hops out of bed.

He starts to get ready for the day that he has been training for.

- - - - - -

Y/N throws the door to his cottage open and starts walking over to the main school building. On the way, he is joined by Aizawa, who walks next to him.

Aizawa: "Do you think you're ready?"

Y/N: "Yeah... do you think I'm ready?"

Aizawa: "It doesn't matter what I think, you trained for this. Now prove why you're here."

Y/N nods at Aizawa before jogging his way around to the front entrance.

Y/N walks around to the front of the building and makes his way inside. He follows the larger crowd of other exam participants into the auditorium.

Y/N takes a seat at the back, he doesn't want to stand out too badly since he is the only one not in a middle school uniform.

The boy isn't sat there for long before the pro hero at the front of the room, Present Mic, starts talking.

Present Mic: "What's up, UA candidates? Thanks for tunin' into me, your school DJ. C'mon and let me hear you!"

SILENCE

Present Mic: "Keeping it mellow, huh? That's fine, I'll skip straight to the main show. Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna go down, okay? Are you ready? Yeah!"

SILENCE

Present Mic: "Like your application said, today you rockin' boys and girls will be out there conducting ten-minute mock battles in super-hip urban settings. Gird your loins, my friends. After I drop the mic here, you'll head to your specified battle centre, sound good?"

SILENCE

Present Mic: "Okay, okay, let's check out your targets. There are three types of faux villains in every battle centre. You'll earn points based on their level of difficulty, so better choose wisely. Your goal in this trial is to use your Quirk to raise your score by shredding these faux villains like a mid-son guitar solo. But, check it! Make sure you're keeping things heroic. Attacking other examinees is a UA no-no, ya dig?"

A candidate stands up and raises his hand.

Candidate: "Excuse me, sir, but I have a question."

Present Mic: "Hit me!"

Candidate: "On the printout, you've listed four types of villains. Not three. With all due respect, if this is an error on official UA materials, it is shameful. We are exemplary students. We expect the best from Japan's most notable school. A mistake such as this won't do."

He suddenly spins around and points at someone in the audience.

Candidate: "Additionally, you with the unkempt hair. You've been muttering this entire time. Stop that. If you can't be bothered to take this seriously, leave. You're distracting the rest of us."

The candidate with unkempt hair mutters an apology before the other candidate turns and points at Y/N.

Candidate: "And you in the sports clothes, did you not understand it when they told us to come in our uniforms? You must listen to the information provided if you want to be a student at the most notable school in Japan."

Y/N: "First off, I don't have a uniform, I didn't go to middle school. Second, I don't care for what you have to say, I don't want to hear your input in general. So, please, sit down and be quiet so we can know how this entrance exam is going to work."

Y/N looks away from the other candidate and focuses his attention back on Present Mic without another thought.

Present Mic: "All right, all right. Examinee number 7-1-1-1. Thanks for calling in with your request. The fourth villain is worth zero points. There's one in every battle centre. Think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid. It's not that it can't be beaten, but there's... kinda no point. I recommend my listeners try to ignore it and focus on the ones toppin' the charts.

The candidate bows.

Candidate: "Thank you very much. Please, continue."

Present Mic: "That's all I got for you today. I'll sign off with a little present. A sample of our school motto! As General Napoleon Bonaparte once laid down. 'A true hero is one who overcomes life's misfortunes.' Mm-hm. Now that's a tasty soundbite. You ready to go beyond? Let's hear a PLUS ULTRA!"

SILENCE

Present Mic: "Good luck! Hope you practised hitting more than just books."

- - - - - -

Sorry that I am so bad with updates on all of my books. I promise it is not intentional, university has been very stressful with the workload and I've also been trying to keep a social life at the same time. Thank you for your patience and I'll keep popping back to update as much as I can.

Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it.

Vote or comment if you want, interactions are always cool to see.

See you guys soon.