Origins Part 1

In Mustafa, there was once a story on the news of how an unknown young boy managed to foil a convenience store robbery and save the lives of three people

- - - - - - 

It felt like any other day for the thirteen-year-old, Y/N L/N. He made his way inside a convenience store took out what small amount of money he had and looked through the store in hopes of finding something that he would be able to have for his lunch.

Y/N's life was never easy, he had never known his parents and ran away from lots of different foster homes, choosing to live his life his way, no matter how difficult it was. He did his best to get money however he could, doing small things for people, like washing their cars, it was never very lucrative for him. This was the reason for his sickly and skinny physique and his oversized clothes that he had found in a dumpster a few weeks ago. 

He stood on one of the aisles at the back of the shop. At the other end of the aisle, a father and a girl about Y/N's age stood together looking at the magazine collections, specifically a rock music magazine. Y/N took notice of their earlobes, they both seemed to have long earphone jacks attached to their ears, Y/N figured this was their quirk and carried on in his search for some food.

DING! 

The bell on the door rang as someone entered. Y/N was unable to see them but soon heard yelling. 

???: "EMPTY THE REGISTER!"

Y/N ducked down at the end of the aisle as he heard the man yell. He slowly peeked his head around the corner only to see a man with a blade for a hand take hold of the father and daughter and drag them away towards the front of the shop. Y/N and the girl made brief eye contact as they were dragged away, he could see the fear in her eyes. 

Staying as low to the ground as he could, Y/N moved his way closer to where the robber was. He made it to the other side of the closest shelves to the robbers and looked over the top only to find that there wasn't only one but three. Two had come inside and the other was standing just outside doing his best to not look suspicious. The two inside were quite intimidating, especially to a weak-looking thirteen-year-old boy. 

The robber that had grabbed the father and girl, had one long blade that started where his forearm should've started and was around 3 feet long. The other man that was inside the building didn't have any visible quirk but was holding a gun in his right hand. 

The man with the gun was stood by the teller while the one with the blade stood by the father and daughter, he was making sure they weren't going to be any trouble for them while they got the money. The girl noticed Y/N once again and mouthed one word to him. 

Girl: (mouthing) "Help."

Y/N gave a gentle nod and formulated a plan in his head. He crouched low and pushed his fingers under the shelf in front of him lifted it off the ground and threw it right at the man with the blade for a hand. It hit him directly and sent him flying backwards out the window along with the shelves.

Everyone in the convenience store watched as the man went flying, before turning to Y/N shocked. 

Robber: "Shit Jack!" (Turning to Y/N) "Time to die, kid!"

The robber raises the gun at Y/N only to see him holding a whip made of lightning in his hand that he then throws towards the robber. The whip wraps around the gun, and as soon as it does Y/N pulls hard causing the robber to fly towards him, Y/N lifts his fist and throws it right into the robber's face.

The punch sends the man flying back through the window, following right after the other robber, who Y/N now knew was called Jack. 

Y/N noticed the gun on the floor and quickly stomped down on it causing it to completely shatter under his foot. With all the robbers now outside, Y/N quickly helps the father and daughter to their feet.