Episode Two: Dreams (Revised)

A/N: Guys... This is SEVERELY under edited so PLEASE try to look past that! It's LATE here and I PROMISE to look it over and edit it tomorrow! 

In other words, the reason why this Episode is dedicated to musical_riley would be because she gave me the ideas for most of this update when I was stuck... AND I WROTE THE LAST 3/4 of this TODAY! This is an accomplishment for me!... And sorry if the end seemed rushed. It's just late and I am tired as hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!:
Hey guys! I took the time to EDIT and ADD a few things to this chapter. I hope it's AT LEAST a bit better than the last version I had. Some of the things have REMAINED the same, but there still have been a few changes to the dialogue, more grammatical edits and such, and the list goes on. I am sure there are still a few mistakes there, including missing words (which I can be NOTORIOUS for, unfortunately) but this is the best I can do for now!

Happy Reading and Writing!! Love you all!

Please, if you enjoyed the story don't forget to vote and comment! Fan, maybe? :)

ENJOY!
~Sevvy 

Episode 2: Dreams

I waved goodbye to one of my regulars, Bob. On any given night, Bob was the first person to arrive and the very last person to leave. He didn’t necessarily come to get inebriated during his regular visits but came to the bar for the company. His wife, Cathy, passed away a few years ago; his two sons traveled a lot and rarely had the time to visit. So, Bob resorted to the next best thing—his surrogate family.

Bob was a well-rounded man who never caused any trouble and stayed out of the way when everything was busy. He would preoccupy himself with some pool or watch any of the sports playing on the big screen. He was a welcome to sight to all regulars and was welcome to frequent my bar at any time.

Bob had become something like a surrogate father to me over the years. I experienced a loss similar to his, although much less tragic, in my personal opinion. Whereas he lost his wife in a brave battle against Breast Cancer, my family perished in a fire. My mother and grandparents were gone forever. Other closely related family members wanted nothing to do with me and from that day, I was on my own. I was lucky enough to have a job and a roof over my head. And other than the company of my patrons, that was all I needed.

I smiled weakly as I watched Bob fade in to darkness of the night. I flicked the neon “OPEN” sign into the off position, locked the door, and pulled the blinds over the windows. The lose strands of hair that weren’t tucked neatly in the ponytail on my head fell around my face. A heavy sigh escaped my lips and my back was pressed against the wood of the door. Hunching over, my hands were pressed against my knees to hold myself up. The few strands of dangling hair formed a small curtain around my face to hide the tears welling up in my eyes and the pain I knew was on my face. Today had been a long and eventful one.

The stress was starting to catch up to me and the pains of life pounding throughout my body weren’t helping much, either. But I had to keep my cool. I couldn’t allow my mind to wander right now—I couldn’t afford it. I had a business to run and school to pay off, and it wasn’t easy to do for a twenty-one year old. I was better off than most, but I was barely scraping by. I had to pay for shipments of booze, my bills; pay Tony and Cassie, pay myself, and pay the 600$ to the university at the end of each month. I could barely afford to pay off my loan. My mother always taught me to pay everything up front but I seldom ever followed that rule. Look where it got me.