Chapter 19

Leo sat across from me on my bed, his head dipped low but I could see a faint blush in the tip of his ears

Leo sat across from me on my bed, his head dipped low but I could see a faint blush in the tip of his ears. He looked complete adorable with a pink bunny on his lap and his hands fidgeting with the end of the worn out jacket it wore, evidence that it was obviously something that had been with me for a long time. He could barely look at me without blushing and spluttering nonsense.

He loves me

He actually loves me

"You love me?" I asked out load, needing to confirm what I heard.

"Yes," he looked up from the bunny ad gave me a small smile.

"You can't just say those things and ignore me right after," I groaned, pacing in front of him.

"I didn't ignore you," I could imagine the pout that was on his face but I decided to not look at him.

"You immediately ran to the car and wouldn't let me get one word in without you interrupting me, and then we were at dinner you turned your entire body away from me and spoke with my mom the whole time about whales. Let's also not forget-"

"Okay, so maybe I was ignoring you," he interrupted. "But it's not because I didn't mean it, it's just that I know you aren't ready for that kinda commitment. I just didn't want you thinking I was pressuring you into saying in back but I guess that plan backfired."

"I want to say it, I really do," I stood in front of him, holding his face in my hands. "I'm not even sure what love is."

"Don't worry, we'll find it together," his eyes bore into mine while his hands caressed my thighs even going under the skirt I wore.

"I really really like you tho," I kissed his nose.

"That's more than I can ask for," his smile was gentle and suddenly I felt like crying.

"How long?" the question just slipped out of my mouth before I could catch it.

"From the moment I saw you, so I've been holding it for a very long time," his hands grabbed at my thighs and I could feel the cool metal of his rings even more.

"Thank you," my voice barely a whisper.

"Always."