Chapter 9

IT WAS THE day of the game, the week had gone by and as predicted I hadn't seen Leo or the basketball team for the rest of the week but I always got a text from him telling me about his day while I forced him to go to bed

 IT WAS THE day of the game, the week had gone by and as predicted I hadn't seen Leo or the basketball team for the rest of the week but I always got a text from him telling me about his day while I forced him to go to bed. I had just finished getting ready after coming back from practice and was now on my way to the school. I was wearing a sheer sequenced top with a white bralette underneath and a matching white mini-skirt, on my feet I wore white knee high platform heels. My hair was free from its normal ponytail instead I decided to let my hair down tonight.

As the game had already begun by the time I arrived, I hurried inside to find the gym crowded with people

As the game had already begun by the time I arrived, I hurried inside to find the gym crowded with people. With the assistance of the parents, our gym resembled a stadium, but the fact that it was so full truly shocked me. The rival team's supporters sat on one side, while students from our school sat on the other. I chose to sit in the front row since it was closer to the players' bench, and even though I knew Leo would never be seated there, I still wanted to take a shot.

"That was my seat," I heard someone say from beside me, looking up I saw Matthew Morris, I was partnered with him for a science project.

"Hey Matthew," his eyes widen in surprised as if he thought I wouldn't remember his name, "can't I sit here tonight? It's my first time at a game and I really want to have a nice view?"

"Umm-"

"I can go-"

"No!," he exclaimed, "You can stay there, my friends are up there anyways."

"Thank you so much," I smiled up at him and he blushed before walking off.

"It's almost like a superpower, " I heard someone say, turning around I saw Thomas sitting on the bench.

"What?" 

"Being pretty," he clarified, "it's like a superpower."

"I guess,"  I shrugged trying to find Leo on the court.

"You guess? You just talked someone into giving you their seat,"  he exaggerated, "I'm gonna have to take you shopping with you just to get a good deal."

"I'm gonna have to take yo up on this offer," I smiled at him.

"Number 7," he said suddenly.

"Huh?"

"His jersey number," he said and pointed to him.

I finally saw him; he was dribbling the ball and dodging the players. He looked so good; his hair looked wet from the sweat, and his eyes were almost in a glare as he focused on the players. When he finally made the shot, his eyes flickered to the bench, and then his eyes were on me. His eyes lit up as he saw me, and he looked me up and down. He gave me a grin when he saw me giving a thumbs up, but he finally focused back on the game as the whistle blew.

"You guys are too cute," Thomas gushed and I blushed.

"Why are you on the bench?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"Got a foul," he shrugged.

Before I could say anything else the coach quickly called him over, giving me a small smile he made his way over. The team was huddled up around the coach receiving the game plans as it was announced it was halftime, cheerleaders did their routine on the court in the meantime and the cheers were growing louder and louder. 

After the fifteen minutes were up, the players made their way back onto the court, and Leo winked at me as he ran by. When the game started, I was much more into it than before, jumping out of my seat when we scored, screaming at the top of my lungs, and complaining about the referee's calls. The game came to a close with our team winning; the score was 186-100. The gym erupted in cheers, with students, parents and coaches running on the court to congratulate the team, but I decided it would be better to stay where I am, knowing I would be knocked down and that with these shoes I would not be able to get up.

Suddenly the team burst through the crowd and started making there way to me. I had no time to react as the all started jumping around me and I jumped with them too, smiling as they cheered. They all started to hug me and before I knew it their arms were being nudged of , I looked to see Leo pushing through them and when he came to me, he quickly brought me into his arms. His face was buried in the crook of my neck when he exhaled and his breath tickled my neck causing me to shiver, I wrapped my arms around his waist and relaxed in his arms.

"What's all this about?" the team was still surrounding us.

"You made us win," one of the boys exclaimed.

"You're officially our good luck charm," another smiled.

"What are you guys talking about?" I dropped my hands from Leo's waist, ad he got the memo as he stood up fully.

"We were losing until you came," Leo said looking down at me, his hands still lingering on my waist.

"I'm sure you guys were just nervous?" I shrugged.

"Either way you have to be here for every game from now on," another shouted over the cheers from the crowd.

"Come on boys, let's leave Leo to have a chat with his cru-"

"Shut up," Leo grumbled from over me.

They only laughed before making there way back to the crowd, the trophy was being held by the coach who was lifted in the air.

"Sorry for being so late," I started, taking my eyes away from the crowd and towards Leo who was already looking at me.

"I thought you weren't gonna come at first,"

"You thought I stood you up," I chuckled.

"Yeah," he nodded, "we were playing bad because I was worried about if you were coming but when I saw you sitting there, I finally got my head back in the game. It was the first time I've ever scored so much in a game, so in a way you are my good luck charm."

"Well I guess I'll be attending all your games after this," I blushed.

"I'm really glad you're here," he smiled down on me, "I'm gonna get a quick shower then we'll head to the party."

"Ok," and with a final smile he made his way to the crowd and gathered all the guys before going to the locker room.

I took a sit on the bench and decided to wait until they're finished, the crowd was now slowly thinning out but the opposing team was still there with their coach telling them something. My eyes flickered over their uniforms and realized that it was our rival school, Crescent North High . I got distracted when I heard a notification from my phone, I fished it out of my pocket and saw that it was my mother asking how the game was going. I caught her up on what had happened and by time I had done that the locker doors finally opened before I could get up to meet them someone was in front of me.

"Hey baby,"  I grimaced as he spoke, it was a student from Crescent, "are you gonna ignore me?"

This can't end good.