Chapter 1

A year ago...

Tyler's POV

My heart was pounding with so much excitement as we drove to her house that morning. I carefully held the flowers in my hands close to my chest, a wide grin stretching across my face.

I just bought the best and most beautiful bouquet of flowers in town, not minding how costly they were, and was going to meet the love of my life, who turned out to be my fated mate.

Today was going to be the best day of my life. I would finally get to experience the magic of a mate bond, and it was with that one girl I love so much. I had only read it in books and heard it all from my parents; now I would feel it myself and get consumed by the ecstasy.

My heart won't just stop thumping in overwhelming anticipation as everything the sorcerer told me repeated in my head, each word of affirmation sending a rush of excitement down my spine.

Nana, who I had fallen in love with at first sight and dated for a few weeks, was my fated mate. The ritual confirmed it all.

Words can't explain my feelings. My greatest fear of losing my lover to a mate bond had been wiped out. We weren't among those unlucky to meet another person as a mate instead of the one we are dating.

"Tyler, doesn't your jaw ache from these unending grins?" Jace, my friend, teased me with a soft punch on the shoulder.

"Bro, I had been scared of losing her to another man. I feared the moon goddess would pair her with a werewolf like her and not me because I'm a lycan, but it didn't happen. We are soul mates meant to be together. Even the moon goddess agrees." I chuckled, exhaling a mouthful of air, feeling so much relief.

"She will be really happy to find out you will be a man, and you both are perfect match."

"I just can't wait to meet her now that she can smell my mate scent, and this car doesn't seem to be moving fast."

I turned to the driver, tapping his shoulder from the back seat where I was. "Can you increase the speed a bit? You're slow."

"Until we end up in a ditch, before you will agree the car is fast enough!" Jace shouted, placing his hands on his head dramatically, and I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"Don't be afraid, he will drive carefully. You won't understand, each second now feels like an hour to me." I breathed, biting my lower lips as I imagined it all in my head.

I could already imagine how she would jump into the air, screaming in joy, once she smelled my scent and realized it was no longer a wish we desired but our reality now.

We are mates and will live happily ever after.

Over the years, no lady had actually caught my attention, and none was good enough until the last model contest held a month ago, where Nana won as the most beautiful woman among all mystical beings.

She snatched my breath away at first sight, and I couldn't help getting lost in her world. I was the first to clap, smiling sheepishly while staring at her as she swayed that slender waist.

I could swear she was a goddess in human form, and I almost went crazy when she told me she was single and accepted a date night with me. That was how it all began.

It's just been a few weeks together, and she has taken over my mind.

"Are you listening to me at all?" The voice of Jace suddenly broke in, shooting me out of my imagination as I flinched a bit and turned my face to him.

"You had been talking to me?" I chuckled, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What were you thinking that you could not hear anymore? So I had been talking to myself, buddy?" He exclaimed, shaking his head at me.