5

Wings, fluttering a thousand times per millisecond, protruded from his back. I couldn't help but stare wide-mouthed, though through squinted eyes.

Surely, I was dreaming.

Rapid blinking and head shaking moments later, the image was still there.

His hair was blonde, almost gold, and his robe was whiter than white.

A holy dread washed over me.
Oh, Adonai! It was real. An angel was standing in front of me.

Hastily, I bowed, heart thudding. 

The angel spoke in a powerful but melodious voice.

"I am Gabriel, chief messenger angel from the presence of Adonai, and I have a message for you."

Me? A message from Adonai himself?

Had I unknowingly sinned and was about to face Adonai's wrath?

It had been thousands of years since there was any record of Adonai speaking so dramatically to anyone.

"There's no need to be afraid, Mary, for you are chosen by God's mercy.

"You will bear a son. The Messiah you have all been waiting for. His name will be Jesus and he will save the world, you included, from sin."

I stifled the incredulous chuckle that bubbles inside me. This was heavy information.
"But, but I know no man."

"Adonai himself will send his Holy Spirit to incubate the holy seed in your womb. He shall be called the son of God. Elizabeth, your cousin, is pregnant. Remember, nothing is impossible for God."

"I might not understand the full picture but I choose to trust Adonai. Let it be just as you have said it," I said.

I bowed deeper. The light vanished.

Trembling, I rose. Did that just happen? Did I actually just speak to an angel?

First things first. I had to go and see Elizabeth.
If what Angel Gabriel told me was true, it was cause for real celebration.