3

The apparition appeared out of nowhere, barely clothed.

The room—or was it a cave—was strange. How I had gotten here, I didn't know.

The last I remembered, I was partyjng hard with a bunch of my guys.

The truth or dare game had gone awry.

Kyle dared me to take a shot of Meri, a new experimental drug fresh from the Black market.

I sniffed it and opened my eyes to this nightmare.

The howl of wind outside this enclosure reached my ears. 

"Somebody save me!" my mind screamed. My vocal cords felt heavy.

When I lunged outside to a moonlit, dense forest, I could hear the eerie wail of the wraith behind me. 

I pushed myself to run, though my lungs burned.

I fell and scrambled to my back. The ghost drew nearer.

I saw its hollow eyes. I could smell the stench of death around it.

It opened its mouth which was a black abyss.

My heart beat like a boxer's crazed punches inside my chest.

Only one mantra that my pious mother always chanted flooded my brain and I focused intently on it.

"The light shineth out of darkness..."

I whispered it as I closed my eyes, ready to die.

I jerked my eyes open to the normal world.

"Hey, dude, you're okay? You scared the living daylights out of us," one guy said.

"Told you Pete's a mama's boy. Couldn't handle Meri. Your breathing was shallow man."

Kyle lit a cigarette and smirked. "I'd say he looks like he saw a freaking ghost dancing in a bikini!"

I burst out laughing and crying, my breathing a jumbled mess of both shock and fear.

One thing was for sure, I wasn't going to dabble in drugs ever again if it would make me see ghosts in bikinis.

~~~

Horrific start but a funny ending. I mean, ghosts in bikinis? That'd be a sight to behold.

I can't wait for your comments on this one, guys.