Chapter 18

Asher comes into my room after talking to Nate. "How is he, did you manage to calm him down, does he hate me, does he hate you, oh my God I just fucked up your friendship, 9 years down the drain, I'm so so sorry." I mutter in tears. I start to break down in unintrollable tears. Asher sits down on the floor, where I had fell to tears once Nate left my room. Asher begins to rub my back and snuggle around me. "I told him how I feel about you, love, it made him more understanding of the situation. I know he is still upset but we will get through this no matter what, okay." Asher states. He takes his hands off of me and wipes away my tears. "Everything will be okay I promise." Asher says as he carries me off the floor and onto the bed. "I'd be best if I left. I'll call you later but, for now you should go to sleep." Asher begins to tuck me in. He tries to get up to leave the room but I pull him down and steal a kiss from his lips. "Now I can sleep." I say smiling. Asher scoffs as he exists my room.

I get up from off the floor trying to compose myself. I look up to the door. I catch myself looking to the mirror hanging there. I take a deep look at myself. I can't recognize myself. Did I really just yell at Julianna. Am I going to ruin my friendship of 9 years with Asher. These people have been with me every step of the way. I hear Julianna's faint crys. Did I really do this, have I hurt her this bad. No fucking shit I did, I was a ruthless piece of shit. I just stormed into her room degraded her. I didn't even care she was crying. They did a cruel thing towards me but I can't and have no right to blame them. We all were selfish. I wipe away my tears and go out of my room.

I walk past Julianna's room I peak through the crack and see that she's asleep. She looks so peaceful, happy. I see her eyes are still puffy and her nose is red like a cherry. I contemplate calling Asher to apologize now. I feel this is best to be spoken in person and all together. I go downstairs to the kitchen. I think how Julianna will be hungry by the time she wakes up. I decided to make on of her favorite childhood dishes, Krafts Mac and cheese. I cook a box of Mac and take a portion for myself. I cover the rest with tin foil and leave it on the counter for Julianna to take later. I take my bowl upstairs as I think of what to say to Asher and Julianna tomorrow.

I wake up to the sun setting. With the glare of the remaining sun shining in my eyes. I rub my eyes as I try to get up. I sit up in my bed and reach for my phone. I check the time and my messages before getting out of my bed. I go straight downstairs, starving. I go into the kitchen. A bowl on the counter catches my eye. I walk over to the bowl and peel off the tin foil wrapping. I reveal the Mac and cheese inside. My heart melts as I realize what Nate had done. I put the bowl into the microwave as I get a fork. As I eat my food I wonder why Nate did this. Why would he, was this not meant for me, was this to distract me from some revenge plan? My mind goes all over the place thinking of why Nate would do something nice for me while I just crushed his world. I put my bowl into the sink. I go to the hallway and peek into the living room. My eyes meet Nate in deep sleep on the couch. I stroll over to him. I just watch him, so peaceful. I pull the blanket to cover him better before leaving the room and going back to mine.