Chapter 3

I get startled as a loud knock fills the space,then another." Julianna open the damn door!" Nate screams from upstairs. I scoff as I go to open the door. Surprised to see my best friend Amelia. " Oh hey I didn't know you were coming over" I say slightly confused. " Yeah I thought I could stop by for a while" she said as she stepped into the house. Amelia continues walking in until she gets to the living room where Asher was sitting." Oh what a surprise, hey Asher!" Amelia says slightly flirtatious. I look over to Asher as he gives a head nod. Amelia begins to sit on the other couch as Asher glacses at her with a quick dirty look. As if he knew I was not comfortable of her just rushing in here and sitting herself down. " Can we watch a movie, please?" She asked looking at Asher. "Sure." He responed while turning off his game.

I sit down next to Amelia as she asks "Julie can you grab us some blankets it's freezing.". I respond with a small head nod. I get up to get the blankets from my room. I try to be as fast as I can so Amelia doesn't complain later. I rush back downstairs and hand them the blankets. Amelia snatches the first one as Asher beings to yell " Put that one back it's Julianna's favorite. God don't you know anything.". Amelia gets quite and takes another. I give Asher a blanket and he gives me a thankful smile. I sit down and cover myself with the blanket as Asher begins to scroll through the movies. " Can we watch a horror movie?" Amelia ask. Asher stayed silent and just clicked on the horror section in response.

"Omg we should so watch the Conjuring!". Amelia exclaims. " Hell no that movie is so fucking scary, Julianna hates scary movies your lucky if we even watch one." Asher says now annoyed. " Come on don't be a buzz kill. Julie it's whatever right?"She asks stirnly. I stammered as saying it's okay. I had no intention of being that person who ruins the night cause there a wuss.Asher looks at me reassuring if it's alright with a soft face. I nod and smile so that this situation would be over as soon as possible.

Asher puts on the movie as we all begin to settle into the couch.A few minutes into the movie Amelia gets up to use the bathroom. The longer the movie was on the more scary it got. Asher looks over at me and just stares for awhile before getting up. Asher throws Amelias blanket on the other couch and sits besides me. I get caught off guard and just look at him. He looks at me for a bit then turns to the TV. Amelia comes into the living room and her eyes instantly lock onto us. She froze in her place which made me uncomfortable and feel bad.

    She realizes that we're not going to move and goes to sit on the other couch. I turn to put my focus back onto the movie. As soon as I did I felt Ashers hand on mine, resting it on top of my hand on my leg. I look at him and he continues to watch but couldn't contain his smiles. I continue watching as a jump scare appears on the screen and I jump in my seat. Asher squeezes my hand as I jumped. I instantly became flustered. I hate this, but I won't let go. I turned my attention off of Asher as a loud ringing played, Amelia' s phone. She picked up the phone and said how she is need home. I offer to walk her out. Asher pauses the movie as I get up to walk her to the door. We say goodbye at the door and I turn to the stairs.

'You don't want to finish the movie, we can put something else on?" Asher offers. "No it's fine, it's getting late and Nate probably wants to talk to you." I say softly. Asher nods as he shuts off the TV and I make my way up the stairs. I go into my bathroom, shower, change, and then fall asleep.