Third Time's The Charm (Letter #3)

Dear Boy Four Lockers Down,

There you are, four lockers down, tempting me to no avail. I bet you don’t even realize you smell like a mix of chocolate and oranges. Is it cologne? Seriously, I doubting you get up in the morning and think to yourself “Today, I’m going to smell intoxicating.” And spritz yourself with Au de Simple Intoxication. But then again, I could be wrong. I’ve been debating this, well, I guess you could call it a confession. I am admitting something here. So by dictionary definition, I’m confessing to you.

Would you like to know what it is I’m confessing?

I frickin’ hate you.

You make it hard to concentrate and sometimes I want to rip your hair out. Every time you’re around you make my breath rush out and I feel like that time in Gym class. That time when I had an asthma attack and almost died? Remember? Yeah, now I get that feeling every hour or so. It’s pure torture. But here’s the real kicker, I don’t mind it. It makes my heart flutter at the exact moment it makes me want to drown in sweat. Isn’t that weird?

Another reason I hate you though, is when you talk to me. It causes me to get tongue tied and for me that’s near impossible. The words I want to say to you come out stuttered and at the wrong times. You look at me weird as I get that feeling again. That feeling of anger. It makes me want to yell, “Who do you think you are? Making me feel like this? You have no right! I should be able to cuss at you without thinking ‘Oh, what if I make him hate me?’.” But I don’t because I know that if I did, it would come out something like, “You smell like oranges, sometimes I want to tackle you.”

I’ve tried avoiding you, trust me. I’ve found that it’s near impossible. Once, I tried to just not see you, but that was utter failure. So I figured hey! Might as well the let the poor chap get an update in the tortured life of his best friend! That makes sense to you too, mhm?

I sure hope it does.

Sincerely,

That Girl Four Lockers Down