Seventh Heaven (Letter #7)

Dear ________,

There's this silly little voice in the back of my head. It keeps telling me all these idiotic notions of you liking me, and how it's so obvious why am I so oblivious? But, you see, that can't be right. That's not true at all. It can't be.

Because, well, you're you.

This beautiful, smart, compassionate, down-to-earth person who could do so much better than me.

You're not flawless, but you're perfect.

You shouldn't like me. I'd damage you. I'm troublesome, bothersome, worrisome; I'll drag you down.

You deserve neon lights and heavy pockets. You deserve stability and a safety net. You deserve someone who will provide for you and love you unconditionally. You deserve so much more than what I can offer. I'm still a child, with hopeless dreams that haven't been crushed by society. You deserve someone who's already learned that this world is hopeless and has made the best of it. I am not that person. And while I'd love you until the sun burned dry, you deserve the freedom to dream.

And I love you enough to know I will never give you that freedom, but instead be the one to chain it.

So please, stop the voice in my head, break my heart, and dream.

Sincerely,

You deserve better.