05

I make it to the AA building and am sitting in my car. I need to come up with some kind of excuse for my cheek.

I need a drink.

I've been craving a beer since last night. I know ironic right? I'm sitting in my car in front of an AA building wanting a drink. But I guess that's kind of the point.

After a few minutes, I finally got the courage and got out of my car. I take a few deep breaths and walk into the building.

As soon as I walked in I felt eyes glance at me, so far no sight of Harry. I just go to the meeting room and take a seat in the back.

The meeting starts in about five minutes so there are only a few people here mostly just people finishing their cigarette before they come in.

Someone sits next to me, I turn and see Harry. He's staring at me confused and worried. "What happened??" I just shrug, I still haven't thought of a good excuse.

"Oh umm, it's nothing," I said just looking down at my feet.

Please believe me
Please believe me

"Hello everyone welcome ba-" perfect timing. I turn away from him and focus on the speaker.  Harry's eyes don't leave my face.

I spaced out for most of the meeting until I heard Harry talk next to me. "I'll share" I turn and look at him.

"Well, we finally have a guitarist thanks to Mackenzie here" Everyone's eyes fall on me.

I hate this.

"Mackenzie is a wonderful guitarist and me and the boys are glad to have her" he looks at me and smiles.

"That's all I have to say, Mackenzie anything you want to share?" Harry insists.

I just shake my head and look down at my shoes.

"Okay thank you Harry for sharing, glad you and Mackenzie were able to connect," he sits back down but his eyes don't leave me.

The meeting was overall very awkward, I felt a lot of eyes looking at me but Harrys never left.

As soon as the meeting was over I got up to leave but not before Harry stood in front of me.

"Mackenzie, what happened, something happened" he insists that I tell him. Why can't he just drop it.

"Harry seriously nothing happened, why do you even care? You hardly know me anyways? I'm okay" I really want this conversation to be over with.

"I have to care, you're in the band. You're a part of my life now. In the band, we watch after each other and make sure everyone is safe. Are you safe?" I just stand there and look at him.

Lie.

"Yes, I'm safe. I'll see you at rehearsal okay?" I give him a small smile and walk away.

As soon as I made it to the car I felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety. How will the others react? I mean I don't know them and I doubt they will care but it still worries me.

I just want to go home.

After a silent 30-minute drive I make it to the rehearsal space. I sit in my car and look around, Harry's car is already here. He must drive really fast. I take a long deep breath and grab my guitar and head inside.

As soon as I head inside I am overwhelmed with the smell of weed, I mean it's to be expected. I walk around aimlessly trying to find which room I'm supposed to be in when I run into someone.

Zayn.

"Oh sorry," I said quietly looking down at my shoes hoping he doesn't see my face.

"Mackenzie hey, umm we're in the second room on the right, rehearsal starts in about thirty so we're just chillin' if you want to join," he said with a small smile.