Chapter 4

POV: Noah

Davina lays on the bed in the infirmary while the eta or doctor looks her over. "What the hell happened." Sam demands. I turn around facing him. "I don't know. She just walked into my office and collapsed." I tell him all I know.

"Shelly what is wrong with my daughter?" Sam demands of the doctor. "I don't know yet Beta. Give me time to run some tests to see what is going on." Shelly answers him.

Shelly draws some blood and does a few other things. Sam and I sit on either side of her. "While we wait for the test results do you mind if I ask you some questions Beta?" Shelly asks.

"No not at all." He answers her. I hold Davinas hand in mine. I can't help but feel like this is my fault. "Was she drinking last night?" Shelly asks. "Um possible. It was her birthday last night and there was a lot of alcohol." Sam answers unsurly. "She was. I saw her." I say.

"OK. So um does she do any type of drugs? How has her mood been of late?" I don't like what she's insinuating. "Davina doesn't do drugs. Her mood has been fine up until this morning." Sam answers giving me a pointed look. "Can I ask what happened this morning. Why was her mood changed so suddenly?"

Sam looks at me giving me a look that asks do I tell her. "Dont reveal any names." I link him. "She met her mate." Sam says simply. "Hmm. Is it possible she was rejected?" I tense at that question.

"I don't know. I know she felt like she was going to be. Her mate has a chosen so it's complicated." Sam explains looking directly at me. I know he wants to know what I've decided to do. I think I know my decision but I'm not totally confident in it. I don't even know how she feels about all this. What does she even want.

"So she felt like she was going to be rejected but wasn't. I think I know what is happening here." Shelly says. "What?"

"She collapsed due to stress and her subconscious was preparing for a rejection and accepting it without even being rejected. We should wait for the test results to be sure but I believe this is what happened. Her body couldn't take the strain of mentally accepting a rejection without being physically rejected." Shelly explains.

"Will she be ok though? Is she going to wake up?" Sam asks. "Yes she will be fine. It would help if her mate was here. If she feels his presence it would help ease her stress a bit. Ultimately it will be up to her to wake up though."

Shelly goes to deal with another patient while we wait for her test results. "I guess that means you have to stay here with her." Sam says. "Sam you know I never wanted this. I didn't get to choose my fated. This was quite a surprise to me as it was to you."

"Noah I know but it doesn't mean I have to like it. She's my daughter and your my best friend. How did you expect me to react. I know your situation is complicated and the choice you have to make. Believe me I worry about that stuff too. It doesn't take away the fact that I don't want her to go through this and want to stop it. I won't go against the goddess' word should you accept her." Sam admits how he feels.

I hate this. It only sways my decision even more. I really hope she wakes up soon. I never wanted to hurt her. The fact that she subconsciously accepted a rejection that hadn't even happened scares me. It scares me to think of what would happen if I had actually done it. Given the fact that we mated makes the rejection all the worse. It could be contributing to her condition.

"I'll leave you alone with her. Maybe talking to her will help wake her. I have rounds to do anyway." Sam says. He's using this as an excuse to be alone for a little bit. "OK. Tell Lucas to that Zeta training needs to be upped. I don't like how rogues have been sniffing around the boarder." I order. He nods.

For the past week I've had a number of rogue sightings around my pack boarders. None have crossed but I do want to be prepared just in case they do cross. I legally cannot do anything to them as long as they don't cross into my territory.

"Davina I'm sorry I hurt you? That was never my intention." I say to her sleeping self. Her hand squeezes mine in her sleep at my words. "Just please wake up. If only you knew how I felt."

I stroke her long beautiful brunette hair. She really is so beautiful. I wish last night could have been done differently but I don't regret mating her. That was her first time and should have been different in losing that. I'm glad that it was me. Though I am surprised that she still was. Most wolves would have lost already. What can I say wolves are horny creatures.

If I could start things over I would. All I can do now is move forward and live with the consequences if my decisions.